Author Topic: Night Waking and Early Waking 14 months  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Night Waking and Early Waking 14 months
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:23:09 pm »
Looking for advice for a 14mo old who has never really consistently sttn.

However, he is really good at independent sleep, both for naps and BT. Naps - He yawns, i take him to bed, lay him down, say good bye and walk out. BT is a more elaborate routine, but I also lay him down wide awake right after story and he can hear brothers story going on and he is super chilled.

THEN he wakes up (or grumbles and lawnmowers around the cot) between 11/12pm and again between 2 and 3am. And then EW either at 4/5am. Lately he wakes at 4:30 to poo, and can go back to sleep if we bring him into bed.

We don't bring him into bed before 5am.

We try not to PU.PD rather WI WO, but am guilty of recently holding him till he went back to sleep as we were ALL very sick for about a month.

Looking for thoughts about why he wouldn't be able to get back to sleep alone if he is so good at BT? It can't ALWAYS be teeth, developmental, etc etc!? We feel like we are constantly "making excuses" like that for him, but it's getting old.

Help!

I have been working on this problem for ages, but have decided to post a fresh topic. The old thread is  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=286409.msg3164326#msg3164326

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: Night Waking and Early Waking 14 months
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:51:33 pm »
Hi Crispysage,
Could you post his current routine?

Thanks!

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:31:03 am »
I should have included that in the original post, sorry.

It is unchanged from the previous 2 months in the other thread (https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=286409.msg3164392#msg3164392)

Wake up time is all over the place. 4am the last few days. But if I can get him back to sleep then (usually in my bed) then I can occasionally "keep" him asleep as late as 7.

BF sometime between 6:30 and 8 (depending on if I was up all night and DH takes breakfast and lets me sleep in)

7am breakfast
9:40 -10am nap (he sometimes drops off in the car earlier, I cap at 20 mins and try to make sure he wakes by 10. He is ALWAYS difficult to wake, never spontaneously wakes in the morning. I keep wondering if I should let him sleep then but am trying to break the EW.
12:30 lunch (he is often very tired by this time and wants to sleep in the car before lunch. If I let him sleep at this time he can't make it to BT and either OT or a 3rd nap.
1 - 2pm nap -till 3-4pm I cap at 2hrs or 4pm and try to keep it before 3:30.
5 dinner
6 BT routine starts
asleep by 7 with BF before story. walk out with him awake

Please HELP!!!

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 20:55:57 pm »
Does he have a 3hr A to bed time after a 2 hour nap? Could he be undertired in the night? Then OT in the day from being awake all night? Maybe time for 1 nap?
Gemma