Author Topic: When to throw in the towel...  (Read 1177 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
When to throw in the towel...
« on: June 26, 2017, 12:07:10 pm »
My LO is a great sleeper.... When her AT is exactly right and she is not teething etc. (When stars are aligned)

Yesterday was one if those afternoons when nothing aligned unless it was against sleep (overstimulation, undertired, teething, untimely pooping, developmental milestones, loud thunderstorm....)

Anyways, she just would not settle.

I tried restarting PD routine a few times, I tried nursing and holding/rocking... 2h later LO still would not settle. She was pretty content most if the time.... Sitting up, crawling etc. The actual crying didn't start till about 2h when she was just so OT, at that point I picked her up and she passed out immediately.

If she had not passed out on my shoulder I was going to throw in the towel and give up on that nap.

What is the recommendation when this sort of thing happens? When do you just give up and push to BT? Or early BT?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: When to throw in the towel...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:24:18 pm »
I wouldn't be able to say really what an official recommendation would be but there were times when my DS was kind of like that and he was not one to sleep in my arms at all, in fact trying to get him to sleep in my arms would be the most useless thing to try!  But on those times when everything is going wrong and in particular for my DS it was bad teething, if he passed out in my arms at any point at all I was just grateful he was asleep and sat myself down on the sofa to watch some rubbish day time telly.  I reminded myself that the times he slept in my arms were so few and far between that it was probably a good idea to enjoy the closeness.

Sorry you had a rough day.  A new day tomorrow.

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: When to throw in the towel...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:55:17 pm »
Yes... The 30 mins that she slept in my arms almost made me forget the 2h to get there. My LO is not into cuddles most of the time.