Author Topic: 21.5 months EMW and short naps - separation anxiety  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Girlstar28

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
21.5 months EMW and short naps - separation anxiety
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:18 am »
When we feel like we just got out of our painful and long 8 week 18 month regression maybe a month ago, my 21.5 month old is killing me again.

I don't know if it's coincidental or why but my husband and I did an adults only trip to NYC two weeks ago without her and she slept fine while we were away and my parents came to our home to mind her.

Sleep the first week back was a bit off cause she had a fever and maybe any oddness was anxiety.

She slept fine over this past weekend too.  Her. Penal, wake up from 6:30-after 7.  Nap from 1-3.  And bedtime at 8.

Starting this past Monday morning she is getting up at 5:15 (room is dark with blackout shades double layered with shutters), sleep machine on and lovey present.  First two mornings I left her and she would not settle back.  So she only clocked maybe 9 hours of sleep.  Nap times since Monday  have only been lasting one hour and then she wakes up (same as in morning) yelling mommy daddy.  She used to settle back to nap a full 2 hours but hasn't resettled.

Falling asleep at bedtime is a struggle this week too.  We used to always kiss good night, turn the sound machine on lay her down and shed roll a bit and then sleep but this week stands or sits yelling mommy daddy for upwards of 20 min.  She has a nightlight too which is not new. 

This morning brought her to bed at 5:10 because she hasn't resettled in her bed and I can't deal with her being up at 5 and then short naps, it makes a vicious overtired cycle.

Does anyone know what to do, is this normal?  I don't want to start habits of her expectiving to come to our bed either but I need her to sleep more.  I should add previous early morning wakeups we tried earlier bedtime but that did not work for her.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:35:29 pm by Girlstar28 »

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 21.5 months EMW and short naps - separation anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 18:39:15 pm »
Is she getting canines or molars by any chance?  Often the 1h naps and early waking/difficulty settling meant teeth on the move here.  I found some pain relief pre-nap often meant we got a better nap and helped with some of the over tiredness.  Worth a go?

Offline Girlstar28

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 21.5 months EMW and short naps - separation anxiety
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 13:57:15 pm »
She has 16 teeth already.  I have been wondering about the molars but it's hard to get in there to check.  I've felt around a bit but nothing obvious to the touch yet that I notice.