Author Topic: EASY and pram  (Read 1225 times)

Offline nat_lanfear

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 04, 2017, 14:02:31 pm »
I'm a newbie here. We've just started the PU/PD method yesterday but it's already working (before the baby - 2 months - would only fall asleep and sleep on my chest). We've always had a problem with walking in a pram, she would not sleep there at all. How do we use the EASY with the pram? Should we do the same as we do with cot, i.e. darken the room, PU/PD in the pram and once asleep, take her outside or should we just put her in there once we see the cues and go out hoping she'll fall asleep on her own?

Thanks!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: EASY and pram
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 19:09:50 pm »
Hmmm it's tricky....some babies just aren't really pram sleepers I'm afraid!  I've had one who would and one who wouldn't and nothing I did made much difference to be honest.  But yes you could try either settling in the pram like the crib and then heading out, or just going out and hoping for the best, but don't be surprised if you get shorter naps than at home or she has difficulty with settling there.  It doesn't matter great though having the odd messed-up nap - if you have a busy day out and about then perhaps try for a quiet one to catch up the next day :)