Author Topic: 10 week old on 4 hour easy... Any tips?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline regina1987m

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mommy of two little darlings!
10 week old on 4 hour easy... Any tips?
« on: June 24, 2017, 19:52:35 pm »
Hi everyone!

About 2 weeks ago I started noticing that my LO had lost interest in her 3 hour routine, she didn't seem hungry at the 3 hour mark and sometimes I had to wake her up to feed. For example, she would take 5oz at 8am, 6oz at 11am, 2oz at 2pm,  2oz at 5pm and 7oz at night. I bf all day and give her a bottle of formula at 8pm. She has been sleeping through the night (12hrs 8pm-8am) and just wakes up at 4-5am asking to change position or to be rolled over (she won't even take the pacifier, I just roll her to the other side and she settles).
So I decided maybe she wanted to drop a feed and go straight to the 4 HOUR EASY, and been there for about 4 days.
We've been doing excellent in the eating department, but I am just confused on how to manage her activity and sleep times since she's a small baby and just can't stay awake for longer than an hour.

Any tips on how my routine should look like? I don't want her to be overtired, she gets very cranky when she does and impossible to settle!!!

Also, if she wakes up from her nap but is calm and relaxed on her crib does that still count as S time or is it A time? Sometimes she wakes up earlier from her nap but she is happy in her crib, I don't know if I should pick her up in fear that she will become overtired for her next cycle of EASY.

PLEASE HELP!

Modify message
Mommyof3

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 10 week old on 4 hour easy... Any tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 19:20:23 pm »
It sounds like you've done a great job of reading her cues and what a nice sleeper at night!!  Do be aware though that many people find that after 10-12 weeks the night feeds can come back as LO gets a bit bigger and hits some more growth spurts - if so, don't panic, it's very normal and natural and happened with both of mine.  Just go with it, and you will probably find the night feeds disappear again somewhere around 7-8 months (though again, don't panic if they stick around a bit longer!). 

Routine-wise I would start your day with an EAS cycle, and then let your LO sleep.  If not hungry immediately on waking then do a bit of A time first and then give a feed part way through A time (AEAS).  At some point in the day you'll probably find the E and S would clash, in which case you can feed a bit early or split a feed round a sleep (AE[short A]SE).  Or if she short naps you may have parts of the day where you have two sleeps in one E cycle - so EASAS - and that's fine too. 

Awake time in the crib = A time, though you may notice a difference in very active A time vs quiet chilled out A time.  For example, I noticed if my DD had a lot of A time sitting in the pram she wouldn't sleep as long as if it had been a crawling around the floor kind of A time.  Obviously your LO is a bit young for much activity so the difference may be less noticeable, but encouraging her to just chill out in bed is no bad thing!

Offline regina1987m

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mommy of two little darlings!
Re: 10 week old on 4 hour easy... Any tips?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 19:08:26 pm »
Thank you so much!!!! That really helped a lot!
Mommyof3