SLEEP > Naps

Developmental? Nap transition? Both...?

(1/8) > >>

LaraAndrea:
My 9 month old has started fighting her 2nd nap (3 times in a little over a week, so far). I know 9 months is a bit young to start 2-1 transition (but not unheard-of).

She has also started to become proficient at pulling herself up to sitting and standing and has been doing this instead of going to sleep.

She usually has a good AM nap 1.5-2h this is after 415-430 of very active AT.

She starts to show sleepy cues after ~415 prior to 2nd nap, but she does not settle (sitting or standing in crib) she will be quite happy in crib (up until a point when she is extremely tried... Or ends up hungry). She tends to fall asleep after over 5h  of awake time an OT.

Is this purely developmental? Early stages of transition? Both?

Any tips??

creations:
Could be a mixture of developmental and the start of needing a touch less less in the day, hard to know for sure.
Are you able to do a bit of AP on nap 2 to get her down more easily rather than totally self settling?
It might be worth letting that second A time be a bit longer to make it easier on you to get her down, but then end the nap at the normal time to keep BT at the same time.

LaraAndrea:
I have tried APOP with rocking/holding, she just pushes away. I end up nursing because she goes so long that she is yet to go down before her next feed time, but she doesn't sleep.

Yesterday, she skipped the 2nd nap entirely. She was in a good mood though.

creations:
Have you tried pushchair or car naps for the afternoon nap?
or go for the 5hr A time when you say she will sleep - how long does she sleep then?

LaraAndrea:
Yesterday I kept her up for 420 and she was pretty active most of the time. I nursed her and she got drowsy so I did her PD routine immediately. She slept for 45 min stirring once after 35 min. But then, she was sitting and pulling up for an hour after we PD for bed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version