Author Topic: Shush pat with twins  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Sammotheroftwinboys

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 02, 2017, 07:31:36 am »
Hi everyone

I have 10 week old twin boys and to say life if hard right now is an understatement! They are both a mix of spirited and touchy and twin 2 has quite severe reflux and is on medication.

My current main issue (it changes everyday!) Is that having to settle both means I have fallen into a AP pattern and now getting them to sleep during the day is a huge challenge involving rocking, putting in the sling, white noise etc as I simply can't hold them both.

Because of this if I am settling one twin they can't drift off because the other twin wakes them up. I then end up with two very overtired cranky babies and its hard to cope. They will genuinely seem to be in a deep sleep but then 5 -10 minutes in wake up, appear wide awake and then cry until next due a feed and pass out during the feed as they are so tired.

I'm desperate to try shush pat properly to break the bad habits but I really dont know how I can do this with twins? One may be finally drifting and then a cry from the other one takes us back to square one. I am on my own most days and just need to find an effective way of getting them both to sleep

Any advice would be amazing as am desperate. They also wake at 5am and don't want to feed but don't settle back to sleep either. We are just so exhausted.

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:56:17 am »
I'm sorry that sounds so hard, I can't imagine. Just wondered if you have tried white noise? I discovered it with ds2 and wished I had known about it with ds1 as not only did it help them to fall and stay asleep but it. Locks out a lot of background noise too. Not sure if it would be loud enough to cover the other ones cries though..?