Author Topic: Dream feed didnt work?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Cather

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 05, 2017, 18:58:53 pm »
Hello,  my baby is 11 weeks old. I'm trying EASY 3 weeks ago. For now i have trouble with naps so the routine is a mess. The only thing we have achieve since a week ago,is that she sleeps at night since 19:30 to 20:00. Since i started with EASY I  tried with the dream feed, . But with 2 weeks of practice she stills wakes 2 times in the night. I give her d dream feed like 2230 2300. But she awakes at 1 or 2 am and 1 night she woke every hour, so i drop it because i thought the dream feed didn't work for her. Since for 1 week she already sleeps in the night at almost the same hour, will I be able to try the dream feed again?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Dream feed didnt work?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 19:07:00 pm »
At this age you would still expect 1-2 night feeds in addition to the dream feed.  A lot of what we know about normal feeding patterns in babies has moved on since Tracy wrote her books but we like to hope that she would have updated them to reflect current knowledge had she had the opportunity.  It may be worth a try with the dreamfeed again now though if bedtime has become more settled to see if you notice any difference :)  There's no rule to say you have to do it though - I never did with my two and just fed when they woke which worked fine for us x

Offline Cather

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 03:41:40 am »
Than you very much for your  prompt response! I will try it again and tell you how it goes.

Offline Cather

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 04:03:11 am »
Hello after your advice I decided to try the DF  again, the first few nights she eat a little, later as she  take more she was waking less and for 2 days slept until 7am  !. However one night he woke up 2 times before the DF because her swaddle was in the face and when trying to fix it she woke up, she cried a lot, we managed to slept her again, but when trying 1 hour later with the DF she rejected it and she cried more and more. The next two days when I tried to give the Df she cried when She felt the bottle in her mouth, so I decided to wait 1 week and try again. Yesterday I did and it was the same. She is 14 weeks old already, Her last meal is at 7:00 pm. When she does not take the DF she wakes up at 2 am and then at 5 or 6. She also rejects the paci as well as she was  accepting it without problem! What happened ?! ??? :'(

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Dream feed didnt work?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:57:41 am »
How are things now?