Author Topic: 4.5 month old won't nap and when he does it's only 20-30minutes  (Read 5599 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 4.5 month old won't nap and when he does it's only 20-30minutes
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 08:58:12 am »
The NWs could be a growth spurt, is he hungry?

What happens if you go back in say 10 mins into the nap and continue to sooth him throughout the nap?  Would he sleep longer if you had a hand on him (patting/rubbing/rocking) throughout?

Offline Starrisa

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 06:28:35 am »
yeah he does eat at all the NW. probably is just a growth spurt.

have tried staying there and trying to soothe him through the nap. no difference. don't know if having my hand on him would help either.

doctor said she doesn't think he had reflux at any level worth medication and more or less told me some babies just don't need much sleep. helpful thanks.

I'm just hoping he grows out of it...

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 09:44:43 am »
doctor said she doesn't think he had reflux at any level worth medication and more or less told me some babies just don't need much sleep. helpful thanks.
Depending how you feel about it, if your instint is saying it's a problem and effecting sleep, you might need to go back a few times.  I had to, several HVs and GPs called mine a happy spitter. he wasn't happy. It was only the paedi at hospital who diagnosed but I had to insist on that referral.