ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

Do I need to move to 4 hour EASY?

(1/6) > >>

maybell245:
My Dd will be 15 weeks in a few days.  I think I need to move to 4 hour from 3 hour EASY.  Some (not all) of her naps have shortened to 45 minutes, she is crying at feeds and doesn't want to finish them and she is waking up at random times at night....usually started by getting her hand out of her swaddle and then ends up hungry.  She also may refuse the catnap and then end up OT for bedtime and wake a few times before the dream feed.

Does she need to move to 4 hour?

She was eating at 7, 10, 1, 4, 6:30 and dream feed at 11 with an occasional night feeding.

She was sleeping 1.5 to 1 hour 45 minutes 3 times a day with 1 catnap.

I looked here:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=63161.0

And see to start doing it in 15 minutes if she can take it, right?

But do I adjust her bottles?  She is bottle fed and currently takes 4.5 oz. every 3 hours.  Do I need to add more?  I am confused.

creations:
Yes, it looks like your LO is ready for a bit more A time and a bit more time between E.

Add 15 mins, just as you said, to each A time and her naps ought to improve.  Wait a few days before you try to extend again, sometimes just the 15 mins is enough, sometimes another 15 min is needed. LOs can stay on a routine which is between 3 and 4 hrs for a while rather than making a big jump.

For her feeds always offer enough milk so that there is 1oz left in the bottle, this way you know she has taken as much as she wants.  If bottles are drained you need to increase how much you make.  If she isn't hungry directly after a nap that's okay sometimes they need a bit of A time before E so your routine might not be EASEAS it might be EASAEAS which is fine.

See how you go and let us know if you need more support through the transition.

maybell245:
Added 15 min. To her first A and naps improved a bit, but now she is early waking sometime between 4 and 5:15 and she is not hungry, she just seems done sleeping.

Will continuing to extend A time and losing 1 nap or the catnap help her to sleep longer in the am?

creations:
Yes, often when they are ready for the first nap to move later and the A time to be longer they start EW.  If you do a couple of days with the extra 15 mins and the EW is still happening you can move that first A time another 15 mins.  You might not be able to totally drop a nap, it might be a shorter nap or shorter CN and then depending what A time and what nap length you get in a few days or week you might be able to drop a CN and keep 3 long naps of 1.5 - 2hr.

Try not to let the A time before BT get too long if you end up with a day the CN drops and there is extra time at the end of the day. A long A time before BT can result in OT and either NWs or EW.

hope this helps

maybell245:
Yes, what do I do when she EW?

I have been shush-patting and it may get her some sleep (this morning I shush-patted off and on for 90 min. And she slept 40 and woke agaib at 6:15) and it may not, like yesterday she was just up 4 to 7 no matter what I did.

I think she isn't hungry, she either smiles at me in the dark, disses a bit or gets herself unswaddled and eats her hand while talking loidly and waking up my 4 year old.  Now that she is older and hasn't had to cry in hunger because of EASY, could she just not cry when she is hungry and actually be hungry when she EW?

Now I am confused because I am tired from several days of 5 or less hours of sleep.  I probably need to be patient but it's hard when I want more sleep!  I also go back to work (teacher) in about 4 weeks and am worried this won't be sorted out and I will be cranky with my students.  Sorry, venting a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version