Author Topic: Almost six month old bedtime battles  (Read 1652 times)

Offline CbabyJ

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 18, 2017, 00:06:19 am »
I am struggling with bedtime for my almost six month old.  He falls asleep independently for naps and for night wake ups.  He has always woken up around 10-11pm for a night feed this isn't a dream feed but he definitely needs it.  My first son was the same.  Night feeds are erratic with no pattern it seems.  Usually 2-3 times a night.
My question is that he fights bedtime and I can't really figure out why.  He isn't usually over or undertired.  He won't fall asleep from nursing but does get sleepy as I feed in a dark room but often just seems to get more worked up as he tries to sleep in the crib.  He won't calm by picking up -  he continues moaning.  I've had some success with turning him on his belly and patting him quite firmly to almost shake him out of his silly mood. 
I would like to not have this battle as I also have a toddler who he disturbs!

Also he tends to nap well,  I never let him sleep more than two hours at a time. Sometimes I struggle with whether to wake him in the afternoon to get a cat nap in which I figure he must need even on days he has two long naps.

Yesterday

645 awake for the day
S 9 only 40 mins
S 1155 - 120
S 330- 445-  I woke
Bedtime routine start at 645 ending at 7-  wasnt v hungry.  Struggled going down but fell asleep at 740
Night feeds 1030, 130 and 530

Today

E 530 am took a while to fall back asleep as was pretty awake but slept eventually
720 Awake for the day
S 935-1115 nap
S 130-315 I woke to try preserve a catnap
S 430-5 in the carrier
Bedtime routine incl nursing start at 640 ending at 710.  Struggled going down until 8. 

Offline CbabyJ

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 16:06:42 pm »
So to update for last night, he woke at 9 and needed resettling.  He had night feeds at 11 and 230.  He woke at 530 and I fed but he wouldn't go back to sleep.  I left him in the crib and eventually got him at 630.