Author Topic: Need help please with 21mo screaming at nap/bed time + unpredictable EASY!  (Read 1549 times)

Offline labrodyk

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hello everyone!!

I am going to start a new post because there has been no improvement in my little girls nap and bedtime behaviour and our EASY is so unpredicatble.  The amazing Creations had been offering all the input she had but we weren't able to change Miss AJ for the better...

I'm sorry but I just don't know where i should even start.... these were our last few days. We have had 1 sleep through and 1 no protest at nap but the rest she screams and screams. Mostly it is a ridiculously loud mantra for a few minutes and then quietens down.  Others it is purely horrific/terrified screaming but this occurs when I haven't even left the room yet!!
I thought the best plan over 3 months ago was to be consistent and ignore it, only reacting when she truly needed me with a mix of WI/WO but this only made things worse so I am currently lying curled up on the end of her bed with my back turned away from her, on the nights she refuses to let me leave her. I am hoping I can gradually withdraw from her bed but for now, this is where she needs me...

During this craziness we moved my 4yo into her room to share, hoping it might alleviate any fears.  It works well but my EW 4yo disturbs Audrey who used to sleep past 7am most days.

Even though it isn't indicated - she screams and cries at each nap and bedtime so whilst it looks okay written down, I am extremely anxious come these times and I have to really calm myself on the nap/bedtime approach so she doesn't pick up on it. 

I did move naptime to 1.30 and she was sleeping 2+ hours but this was making bedtime quite late so today I moved it back to 1pm and she only napped 1hr10/15 minutes. She woke in between cycles, whinging and crying, but has been chatting for the last 20 minutes...
My issue with capping the nap is that on the days I've done that, she is absolutely exhausted and they are the nights which the screaming is worse at BT and I have to sit with her until she is asleep.

I guess I'm just looking for some kind of solution in regards to her nap and any strategies that might help bring back my happy little girl who just used to say goodnight, give me a kiss, and roll over and go to sleep (it might have taken a little while but it was calm and quiet).

Or if not, a big hug. LOL.

Thursday 13-July
WU: 6.30
Nap: 1.00, crashed out unlike previous week - 3.20!!
BT: 7.30, 8.04
^ still screaming for a few minutes
NW: 10.30 crying
NW: 5.00 crying

Friday 14-July
WU: 7.00 ???
Nap: 1.05; 1.15/20 - 1.50 sat up, back to sleep until 2.40.
BT: 7.30; not asleep until 8.20!

Saturday 15-July
WU: 6.30 or earlier?
Nap: 11.15 - 12.00 (car)
BT: 7.00; 7.15 asleep
Laid with her
NW: 12.30 briefly

Sunday 16-July
WU: 7.00 ish?
Nap: 1.30-3.15
BT: 7.45; 8.00 asleep

Monday 17-July
WU: 6.30?
Nap: 1.20; 1.30-3.40 (woke her)
^ NO CRYING at pd!!!!
Was absolutely .miserable the rest of the day and night. Cried constantly, didn't eat dinner and i had to sit with her at
BT: 7.40; 8.30 asleep.
Screamed and had to lay with her.  Difficulty falling asleep.

Tuesday 18-July
WU: 7.20!!!!
Nap: 1.30; 1.40-3.40
BT: 7.30; 8.30 asleep
NW: 10.20pm, cried out

Wednesday 19-July
WU: 7.10
Nap: 1.00; ? - 2.20 and cried out. dozed until 2.40 again whinging oob 3.00
BT: 7.40; 8.15 asleep
NW: 2.30; crying on floor. Not sure if she tried to get out or fell out of bed... took unil 3.00 to fall back to sleep. Cried when I left the room.

Thursday 20-July
WU: 7.30
Nap: i told mum 1/1.30 but she put her down at 12.30 and said AJ napped 2 hours but I'm not convinced that was the case...
BT: 7.30; 8.20
^ Had to lay with her to fall asleep.

I literally can't even tuck her in, as soon as I do she starts screaching mum mum mum. I feel however that my presence, whilst comforting, is highly distracting and delaying the time it takes her to fall asleep...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:27:10 pm by labrodyk »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Hi just giving you a little bump x
Zoe

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
I literally can't even tuck her in, as soon as I do she starts screaching mum mum mum. I feel however that my presence, whilst comforting, is highly distracting and delaying the time it takes her to fall asleep...

Hi - sorry but I don't have any other suggestions that haven't already been covered on your other thread. I think the above is kind of key at the moment and that she for some reason she just NEEDS you at the moment, even she doesn't seem to appreciate you being there very much! Just hang in there, it won't be for ever, this is just a very long regression followed by some SA and another regression by the sounds of it. You will get back on top of it although it sounds like you will have a bit of a long road with some GW. We had to do it with Olly so can hold your hand when you get there.

Deep breathes, be with her if she needs you and remember this shall pass xxxx

Offline labrodyk

• Showing Appreciation 1
Thank you buntybear!! We have been battling through with random morning WU, random naps of all sorts of duration, and continuing to cry at nap and bedtime before taking a while to fall asleep. It doesn't matter how consistent i am, she is consistently inconsisstent. In my effort to be consistent with nap times i find AJ gets very tired, very quickly which exacerbates the crying episodes and crankiness through the day.
She was very upset at dinner tonight so i brought everything well forward and she went down at 6.30...
SHE DIDN'T CRY AT ALL!!! and fell asleep in 20 minutes. Her nap was quite average although she was in bed 2 hours (12.30-2.30)...