Author Topic: Hit 9 months and waking again! To feed or not to feed?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline annakenrick

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hit 9 months and waking again! To feed or not to feed?
« on: August 15, 2017, 20:19:26 pm »
Always got great advice on here so thought I would ask for help again!!
So my LO has just hit 9months and he has started waking again around 4/430 looking for food. This has coincided with him pretty much refusing food and taking less milk. Up until 3 nights ago he had slept through every night for 7 days until 6ish.  This is the best so far as before that it was one night sleep through one night wake for food once then he started to do two nights sleep through then one night wake then three so we thought we had cracked it when he did 7!
Stupid us!! This is number two we should know better! However our first child started sleeping through and we never did look back!!
So for the last three days he has stopped taking much food, he has 3 formula bottles of 8oz which he normally takes but this has also changed! He's also started to crawl and clap so there's a lot of developmental stuff going on.
I can hear his stomach growling at 4am so I know he's hungry but it is affecting his daytime feeds so I feel I shouldn't feed him to get back on track but I'm confused!!
Feed or not feed??? I know he can sleep through and it feels like massive steps back but I can't also let him cry if he is genuinely hungry?!!

Any ideas? Give him water??
He only take 2/4 Oz so he's not starving!!
I've never had to pupd so far as he does feed then go straight back to Sleep.
I'm now banking so will stop but if anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated!! 

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Hit 9 months and waking again! To feed or not to feed?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 23:06:39 pm »
Personally I would not feed in the night.  I would offer water but that is all.  Then I would work hard on getting his calories in during the day.  Can you give him the last bottle right before bed?  Why is he refusing food?