SLEEP > Naps

So so desperate, please help with 10 week old

(1/2) > >>

Maymamma:
Ok so I posted here when my son was 6 weeks old and didn't really get any replies, but I'm back again because almost 5 weeks have passed and nothing has improved.

My son is a horrible sleeper and has been since birth. We didn't really even have a sleepy newborn phase. Is there anybody with some advice for me? I'm at the point now where I hate my days because they're spent trying to get him to take a decent nap and it's miserable. I am crying right now because I've been trying to soothe him back to sleep for 40 mins and it's not working.

Here is a typical day
630 - wake up , eat
730 - attempt to get down for nap number 1, usually only lasts 40-50 mins if I'm lucky
900 - give up and bring him out to play
930 - eat
1030 - start nap number 2, falls asleep but wakes up every 5-20 mins needed to be soothed again this goes on up until next time to eat - he NEVER sleeps solidly for this nap for any period of time
1230 - eat
130 - attempt another nap, usually 20 mins if at all
330 - eat
430 - 5 nap
630 - eat
745 - top him off with another 2 oz then put to bed for the night
* usually attempt another nap between 5-745 but it's just screaming
I have a 2 year old who goes to sleep at 730 and I cannot work on getting him down for then night before then for this reason.

Sometimes he'll sleep soundly until around 2-3 for a feeding , other nights he's up every hour needing to resettle

I'm simply at my wits end with all of this. Can't stand another day of it.
And he is NOT happy when he's awake. He's pretty fussy.

Also he starts daycare in a week and I know it's just going to be a disaster

Any advice ?

Cather:
Hi, my baby has problems with her naps too, they are very short but i have notice that if I dedicate some time to wind down like 20 min before the nap  its better, to walk with her singing a song, play a little in her room. But  it seems your baby may have reflux? My baby is on meds for reflux and she is better. Another option is that he is so tired he cant have a good sleep. Do you have a nice wind down before bed time?, maybe a bath, a lullaby, this can improve his sleep in the night so the day is better for both. I understand,  you I've been there, with a lot of crying too,  but try to change this little thing first and we will see if it is working. I send you a lot of strength. Do not give up.

Maymamma:
Hello thanks for the reply! He just recently started Zantac to rule out reflux. I also have his pack and play elevated and keep him upright after feeding. No improvements though. We do a bath before bed ever night. I can always get him to sleep it's staying asleep that's the problem. Yesterday he only slept 2 hours total between 630am-730pm! Very concerned about his lack of sleep

creations:
Hi there Maymamma and welcoem to BW forums
I'm so sorry to read that you didn't feel you got many replies when you last posted - and it looks like you've been waiting a while for replies to this thread too.  We do try to respond to all threads by the 24hr mark but some do get missed, we are short of a moderator on naps at the moment so have been trying to take on additional threads and cover this board as well as others.

How are things now that you've had the reflux meds?  How long has it been now, a few days? A week?

It sounds like you've really had a tough time of it.  Many of us have been reduced to tears by our LOs sleep (me included) and I know just how exhausting and hard work it can be, frustrating too when you put in so much time and effort and it feels like nothing works.
I will hold you hand here and hopefully we can come up with some ideas together to help you through this.
I will say one thing for now - day care will have a lot of experience with putting babies to sleep.  Whilst we might feel that they just can't possibly know our LOs the way we know them (of course, no one can replace Mummy) they are been through a lot of young babies and put them all to sleep day in day out.  They make a living out of it.  Try not to worry.

hugs

Mommyadel:
I once read on another thread ( same problem) and it can be very frustrating.  My LO  has been cat napping 30/45 mins. I also have a 3 yr old and am trying my best. Some days are better than others.
Sometimes the naps end with me holding her to extend the naps, trying the wake to sleep method etc. How has the reflux been.. has it settled down ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version