SLEEP > Naps

So so desperate, please help with 10 week old

<< < (2/2)

Buntybear:
Hello - here to hold your hand too - hope your days have got a bit better now xx

Maymamma:
Wow I'm happy to see I have had some replies. I forgot to come back and check on this. Unfortunately, things have not gotten better :( .. horrible naps. He also started daycare and he is literally awake all day there. Only a few 15-20 min naps. He's so exhausted when we get home he just cries and cries before finally passing out. I don't know what to do at this point

Babyjoey:
hi have you tried shush pat and see if that works. Maybe he needs to blow off steam and tire himself out?  Also how bout holding his body and arms down slightly a couple minutes before he normally wakes to see if he can transition to the next stage of sleep?  My wife and I starte trying this with our one that's been waking on short naps and had some success for a day so we're keeping our fingers crossed it will continue. Stay strong

creations:
Oh dear, really sorry to hear things have not improved.

have you spoken with daycare about how they are trying to put him down?  At what times and what methods they use to sooth?
How many days per week is he with them?

When you get home have you tried putting him to bed to see if he wants to sleep there?  I'm just mentioning this because at 10 wks my DS suddenly wanted his night bed for day time naps rather than the travel cot I'd set up in the family room. I never thought such a young baby could have a preference but as soon as I put him down there he stopped crying and went to sleep.  Maybe try it - don't leave him to cry obviously if he's not happy there but maybe just see what happens if he's offered his familiar night bed for a sleep.  I also had experience of mine screaming and i thought i must hold him as he was upset but when I tried putting down it turned out he was screaming for bed and gave me a smile when put down.

What meds is he on now (and what dose how many times per day)? and what weight is LO?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version