Author Topic: it all went down the drain  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Alina.fluturas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 23, 2017, 13:28:59 pm »
Hi all,

I did shush pat with my baby when he was 10-12 weeks old. It went ok-ish to the point I got him to fall asleep completely independently maybe a couple of times but most times I still had to do a bit of sushing and a bit of patting so he-d fall asleep. So that was fine until we hit leap 4 and slowly but steadily everything went pear shaped.
Short naps, very long time for him to fall asleep and now he wants to fall aseep at the breast.
I offer him the breast he eats from one breast then he refuses the other breast until it's nap time. As soone as I start nap routine and pop him in his sleep sack he is happy to eat and falls asleep on the job. I obviously tried putting him down without the breast and it takes forever for him to fall asleep. No amount of shush patting would do and I pick him up and have to hold him until he is nealry asleep and then put him in the crib where he'j munch on his sleeve a couple of times and fall asleep. He also only settles most time if I pop him on his tummy.
Our EASY routine has obviously gone out the window too.
I jsut don't know what to do, shall I just leave it be for now until leap 4 finishes - we have 11 days to go - and start all over again when he seems to be out of the woods?
Naps are only 45 mins most times, nighttime has a lso been affected as he was going 8-8.5 hs without waking and now its at least every 4hs he wakes up and won't settle unless he is fed.
What do you advise?
TIA

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: it all went down the drain
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 18:00:08 pm »
Sorry you didn't get any replies yet.
How old is LO?

I pick him up and have to hold him until he is nealry asleep and then put him in the crib where he'j munch on his sleeve a couple of times and fall asleep
This sounds pretty good. I'd continue to put him down this way without feeding to sleep as it sounds like he is self settling or learning to.

If you post your EAS times (record them for one day if you don't have a record already) I'll have a look if you like.