Author Topic: Shift from flexible routine to structured schedule?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Shift from flexible routine to structured schedule?
« on: July 27, 2017, 16:37:29 pm »
At what point did you find your LO responded better to a more structured schedule than a flexible routine?

My LO's EASY used to shift (slightly) depending on when she woke for the day and when she wakes from her nap. I am finding that does not work anymore. If I make an adjustment (sleepy cues and all) I find she has an UT nap or doesn't settle at all.

My LO is almost 10 months. Would you say this is a good age to be more rigid?

She is also going through the 2-1 transition. Being more rigid may help us to better tackle that.

I am trying aknowledge the signs my LO is giving me to figure out my next moves.

Offline Littlebees

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Shift from flexible routine to structured schedule?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 18:02:11 pm »
Hi

I have moved to the 7/7.30am wake up routine and my little boy goes to bed by 7.30pm (I did the same with my lg too). Generally the baby day is 12 hours so I would select a time you are comfortable with and go with that - could be 7-7pm, 8-8pm etc. I have always preferred earlier nights to get my evenings back and prepare for nursery/school routine.

That way all your naps will generally be 9.30 for an hour, hopefully 12-2, then 5-6pm ish xx

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 19:05:07 pm »
:)
I wish my LO slept that much. She is down to 1 nap 1.5-2h and a cat nap (which she totally skips at least 1 day per week.

But I do hope to structure my day... 6AM-7PM (she only gives me 10.5-11h at night) I do hope once she drops the 2nd nap fully she will give me a longer night.

Offline Littlebees

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 09:30:31 am »
She is doing well!

Due to the 12 hour awake timing, you might be better skipping the evening nap and making bedtime 6.30pm.

xx