Author Topic: 3 month old and 30/45 min naps..  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 14:30:58 pm »
Well I had started to put him down at 3:15pm so within the window.. but after that battle he didn't settle until 4:30... he wasn't fussy or crying I just think he wasn't tired. Every time I went in the room to settle him he would see my face and just start giggling ... so I think it was safe to assume he wasn't tired ... little bugger hahahaha!  But I knew he needed one otherwise he would be it by 6 and trying to get him to eat would have been a night mare.
Today he woke at 6:45am... he was a bit restless last night, crying randomly but not waking .. not sure what that was about? But I put him down at 10:10 and he is still alseep and it's 11:30... so we shall see how the day goes.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 09:48:02 am »
Further to the comments below he slept til 12:30!!! And then I was able to get him down for a cn at 3:30-4pm and tried for a 6:30/7pm bed time. Turns out the little guy has popped a tooth!!! I just noticed it yesterday afternoon which could explain the previous night of unsettled sleep. What should I do about the naps now? He seems ( well last few days) take a huge nap from 10-12/ 12:30pm should I wake him early and if so around what time ? Or stick to the huge nap and cn in the afternoon? Thanks!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 3 month old and 30/45 min naps..
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 11:21:55 am »
Ah yes that tooth will explain the restless night.

I think for now keep with the long nap and the CN and see how his mood is and if the nights are okay (teething aside that is, it's not always clear if poor nights are due to teeth or routine).  If he continues to do well on this routine I don't see anything wrong with it.  Obviously if he ends up grumpy or UT/OT then it would be worth reassessing.
Just for reference, so far we've both noticed he does well on a longer than normal A time compared to the guidance times - so keep this in mind with future routines. Also if he continues to do well on the one long and one short nap this is usually what we see in 8-10 month babies (or even older) so keep that in mind too.  It could be worth reading about the 2-1 nap drop ahead of time, it is usually around 10 months that people see signs of the 2-1 starting but yours could do this earlier than expected. it doesn't mean that you drop to one nap as soon as you see the signs, but it would mean a reassessment of routine and preparation for the nap drop.  Some move to one nap early, say 11 months (like mine who showed the signs at 9 months) and some move to one nap incredibly early (say 9 months), so it's worth keeping in mind that some LO are just like this.

You've done so well in following your LOs needs, especially having faith in increasing the A for his needs and getting him such good sleep :)

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 21:19:05 pm »
Hey! So we have progressed very well with his naps so much so that he is now having none big nap and a cat nap. He has been waking the last few nights at 5am, but I can usually coax him back to sleep with the soother and he wakes finally around 7:30/8am... from the time he wakes he is up for about 3:30hrs I have moved his feed schedule back to 3hrs so he eats before he goes down for his nap at 11:30am. He will nap about 1:30/2hrs and I put him down for a nap at 3:30/4ish and sometimes he does not want to go down for his cat nap. He goes down for his final sleep at 7:30/8.
Two questions - is the early waking because he is not getting enough activity time?
And if he wakes at 7:30/8 when should his final bed time be?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 3 month old and 30/45 min naps..
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 19:05:34 pm »
Good to hear you had some improvement.
As this thread is a bit out dated now perhaps you'd like to start a new thread with your current questions.