Author Topic: 2 week old awake during the night  (Read 1165 times)

Offline Quinten

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
2 week old awake during the night
« on: September 05, 2017, 20:33:55 pm »
I'm the proud mother of 2 week old Quinten. He's on a 3 hour schedule (that is both mine and his schedule). At night there is sometimes a 4 hour sleep between the feeds.
Most of the nights he is very much awake after the first night feed (3 to 4 hours after the last evening feed) for about 1 to 1,5 hours.
Is there something I can do, so he won't be awake at night? The night feeds are in the dark, I don't talk much, we don't play. During the day he is awake a couple of times, but there are also times that he falls asleep during breastfeeding.
Proud mom of Quinten, 23-08-2017

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 2 week old awake during the night
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 21:52:34 pm »
Hi, congratulations on your little one!

It sounds like you're doing pretty well for 2 weeks old, to be honest. You may find taking him outside for a bit of awake time, especially in the first A time of the day may help him regulate night and day but that will take time. He's very little still. He may be shifting his day and night if he's feeding and going straight back to sleep during the day. Waking him after a feed during the day, even if its with a nappy change and a 5-10min walk outside should help keep the day in the day and the night at night.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 2 week old awake during the night
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 21:47:45 pm »
Congratulations! I hope things settle down for you as he gets used to being in the real world!