Author Topic: 12 month old and meals/snacks  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 04, 2017, 16:03:29 pm »
My 12.5 month old just pushed out his nap and is sleeping from around 1130-1 or 130 so about 1.5-2 hour nap. He's up around 630/7 am has a bottle 8 oz milk (tried to wean to sippy cup but he wasn't interested so I'm still giving bottle for now) then has breakfast around 730/8 I used to give him a snack around 10 but now I've pushed it out until before nap. Being that he's not hungry yet for lunch before nap and some days we are out right up until nap so I've been giving lunch after nap at 130. He doesn't eat very much though and always did when his nap was earlier. Then he's hungry for dinner around 430. I'm just trying to get on more of a feeding schedule with the new nap. He goes up for bed around 645 has a 9 oz bottle and is asleep by 7.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 12 month old and meals/snacks
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 16:11:53 pm »
That routine sounds fine to me - I don't think there's any need to change anything really. If he's had a good breakfast and a snack not eating much after the nap isn't an issue, especially as he is hungry for his dinner. Think of the snack before his nap as an early lunch and whatever he eats after it as the second part of it!

I would just offer food and let him guide you, if he's napping well and sleeping well he's getting enough! My toddlers never ate much at the end of the day, but they ate lunch so it all evens out in the end.

Laura

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:31:48 am »
Thanks so much!