Author Topic: 9 month old won't connect sleep cycles  (Read 1235 times)

Offline LBY

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 04, 2017, 20:37:37 pm »
My 9 month old baby will not connect his sleep cycles for his naps. Driving and the stroller used to work, but no longer do, the only thing that current works is if I bounce him rigorously, after the first 30 minutes and I cannot keep doing this as he is too heavy. We are currently sleep training as well. Suggestions? Thank you!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 9 month old won't connect sleep cycles
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 20:27:56 pm »
Hello sorry your post has been missed, are you able to post your routine as it may need a tweak?

Offline jlg2286

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 21:18:13 pm »
I have a 9 mo old with the same issue but usually only at nap time. We are trying to break some accidental parenting habits like habitual night waking for comfort/pacifier. But now that he isn't napping well, we are trying to tackle that as well. I just started PU/PD when he wakes up after 40-45mins into his nap. You could definitely try that for a week or two. I'll let you know how it does for us. I know you can also try "wake to sleep" and go wake him up just a tiny bit about 30mins into his nap. I haven't tried this yet, betting on PU/PD for us right now.
On another note, would you mind sharing your 9 mo old's schedule/routine? My son is typically a good solid food eater and hasn't been caring much for the bottle. I'm wondering if his night waking could also be due to a growth spurt and he needs more food. Parenting really knows how to make you think!  ::)

Offline LBY

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 14:15:21 pm »
Our day:
Awake around 6:30
Nap 1 : 8:30-10
Nap 2 : 1-2:30
Bed : 6, (currently sleep training) asleep usually by 6:30
Awake around 10, and 2, bottle and rock to sleep.
Then he may wake up between 3-6 and cannot seem to stay asleep without being rocked. Unfortunately, I created this sleep associationwhen he hit the 3 month sleep regression. I also have to rock to sleep to connect sleep cycles during his naps.
I am currently also trying to make his bed time a bit later, as he began to start his days after 11 hrs sleep. He was in a huge sleep debt for a while, which I think recently got caught up with as his naps and nighttime sleep have become to be 14 hrs total.

Offline JCN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:59:29 am »
When my LB was 9 months we had the same problem. I was trying PU/PD at Nap times and it wasn't working. We were also ending up with an early BT.
What worked for us was increasing his A time to 3-3.5 hours between WU and S.

At 9months our routine looked like this:

WU 6:00
S 9:30
S 14:30/15:00
BT 19:00/19:30

HTH