Author Topic: Is this 2 year regression?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: August 02, 2017, 06:38:12 am »
Hi,
My lg has always been a good sleeper, with a little help at times. We've had the 18 month regression which I think has migrated into the 2 yr regression!
A typical day looked like this,
Wu 6:15-6:30
Nap 12:15-13:45 sometimes she'd have 2 hours
Bt 7:15-7:30
Then we started to push bedtime later and would lay down but be tossing and turning for about an hour until around 8. She would then wake later the next morning around 7 or sometimes 7:30.
As the later wu was difficult for our day I tried to get bedtime a bit earlier again by waking her earlier the next day, which again seemed to work and we got back on track.
Now I'm finding that if she has longer than an hour-hour and and 15 mins nap, or a slightly later nap, she is a pain to go to bed again.
I've capped her nap at an hour and it works for bedtime but now she's back to waking before 6 with bedtime at 7!
I'm just worried that her total sleep for 24 hrs is decreasing and I don't want her to get overtired.
She doesn't get up when she wakes, we are strict bout that and she will happily lay in her cot and even refuses to get up when we go in!!
This morning I asked her if she had woken cos her nappy was wet and she said yes??!!
Could this be it or do we just think it's  toddler sleep?
Am I rgoing got to keep the nap capped at an hour or should I let her regain her sleep and hope it helps.
Ideally a 7:30 bedtime with a 6:30 wu would be perfect if she was a robot 😂

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Is this 2 year regression?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 20:27:07 pm »
Hi I'd say it sounds like SR or developmental, they often have a big language leap at that age.

I'd prob try keeping the map to 1.5 hours with slightly later BT, it's not unusual to have ac13/13.5 hour day x

Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 22:21:15 pm »
Hi, thanks for your reply. She was at my mums today and after a per 6 am wake up I told mum to let her nap as long as she wanted cos she was obviously tired when I dropped her off at 8. I did ask if she could go down as early as poss after lunch and to give her an early lunch a round 11:30-11:45. We missed that part and napped from 12:30 until 2:30 which did result in a later bedtime. Down at 7 asleep about 7:50.
I'm hoping she doesn't do a crazy early morning again 😔
She isn't any bother when she wakes, like I say she happily pootles in her cot but I worry she's not getting the sleep she needs. Hoping it is a phase and she settles again soon x

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 05:33:52 am »
Update from last night. I checked on her on the camera at 5:45 and she was settled. It looks like she woke around 6:15. So although later, she is still keeping to that less night sleep. Like I say she is quiet in there, just awake. She is a child that does obviously need more sleep though as she never wants up out of bed despite being awake, plus she's grumpier at the minute and I know it's because she's tired. How long does this sr last? 🙈

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 07:51:38 am »
I was also wondering if it could be the wetness of her nappy waking her and she's bothered she is showing signs of wanting to toilet train and will regularly do a wee on the potty before her bath. This has been hit and miss of late and I think it's because she's a bit all over the place 🙄  Just a thought. I'm going to offer her less milk before bed tonight. She does have it before her bath so not immediately before bed but if she doesn't wee before her bath this could make her wetter.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 19:59:17 pm »
It could be the nappy waking her, but SR as well. Sometimes it's hard to say, my eldest was an EW regardless of what I did.

I'd say SR lasts 4-6 weeks really x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 20:29:47 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I think we just wrack our brains to find reasons why to try and help them and us 🙈
She has had a good day at nursery today with her usual hour nap there. I offered her a light supper with half her normal amount of milk. She didn't ask for more, I also bought some bigger nappies.
Watch this space 😂
She is still the funniest and most amazing thing I've ever done ever so I can forgive her some things 😂❤️
You just feel for them when you know they're so tired don't you?
Tonight she was whacked out and said no to a mummy snuggle, choosing her bed instead and waved bye bye to me! 😂

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 05:48:49 am »
Awhh she sounds lovely, at least she lays there chilling and as hard as it is and you know she needs more sleep be grateful for the fact that she's at least relaxing I guess.

My DS2 is just starting 18 month SR so I hear you but mines not so chilled lol..likes bouncing about at bedtime like a jack in the box in his cot! x
Zoe

Offline Conniesmummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 20:46:42 pm »
She is lately, although we have done the bouncing about thing too 🙈

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 12:33:35 pm »