Author Topic: So, how was this done? LOL  (Read 9239 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: So, how was this done? LOL
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 14:34:18 pm »
Yes Eva, I drink two different nursing teas, both have
fenugreek. It does help.

Ha Ali. Dh uses his phone only to make phone calls he just got an iPhone , he had an old Nokia that slides out :) and he doesn't watch tv. But I know what you're saying. And he is helping but when she is crying upset I have to get her. Dh is an amazing dad. He worships dd2 but while they are babies it's more on me. I think he is still scared.

Breastfeeding is so painful this time. I really don't know why...She latches good, her sucking is good, no ties that can affect her. the midwife said it al loks good. The pain goes away after the first minute when she latches but at the moment when she does I feel I want to punch something because it hurst so much. Maybe I'm more sensitive this time? Or because I feed her more? With dd I had to put her on 2 and than soon after 3 hours schedule (we were in the hospital, doctor's instructions) and this LO feeds all the time.

I have to say, with all the pain and tiredness I still enjoy this. Do I want to be able to sleep more and have more free time? Yes! But as Tracy has thought us so many times, it's just a phase, it will pass.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 14:03:19 pm »
How do your nipples look when they come out after a feed? Are they split or raw? Misshapen like a lipstick?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 16:43:15 pm »
About the fenugreek, I think you have to take a pretty large dose for it to work properly. Something like 2capsules 3 times a day. You’d need to look it up. Not sure drinking it in the where it’s one of many ingredients will be enough

Offline dache

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 19:55:58 pm »
How do your nipples look when they come out after a feed? Are they split or raw? Misshapen like a lipstick?
They look swollen and hard, lto em it looks like swollen lymph nodes, they are vey tender and painful.   I've been trying to get her to latch more shallow and I have some improvement today.

About the fenugreek, I think you have to take a pretty large dose for it to work properly. Something like 2capsules 3 times a day. You’d need to look it up. Not sure drinking it in the where it’s one of many ingredients will be enough
Thanks, I'll see about it tomorrow. My breasts have been very soft all day today and I don't feel the let down. She's been fussy and rooting and she hasn't really relaxed or fallen asleep for longer than 10minutes.  I've feed her almost all day. I really hope I can bf at least 6 months

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 11:26:38 am »
Usually if the breast are soft and you feed all day long it means that she just is eating. No let down will be typical with very frequent feeding. Keep going there Hon.
~Marta

Offline dache

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 22:56:44 pm »
Hi ladies. DD is a month old today. I'm guessing she might be going trough a growth spurt because she wants to feed all the time and she hadly ever sleeps.
It's 11:20pm and I put her down and waiting for her to fall asleep.
She would feed long, 20-50 minutes (one or both breasts) and after 30 minutes she is crying and wants to feed. Can she really be hungry or is she comfoet feeding?
I really dont like breastfeeding this time (since the last time I wrote I had mastitis again, clogged duckt and huge milk blister, I'm better but it still painfull on one side) and would only do it when I have to.
Another problem is I have problem with oversupply and I think maybe foremilk/hind milk imbalance. She is pooping green stringy poop for a week now. I cut dairy,give her probiotics and drops because she is very gassy. And her poop is not poop, it looks more like green stains with strings, not diarrhea but not solid poop as well.
So I've was block feeding and tried to go at least 2h between feeds and I think there was improvment but I cant be sure if it was that because that's when I started probiotics too. But my breasts felt softer and her poop was yellow and less stringy.
The past 48 hours I've been feeding her often and I can feel by breast being hard and that feeling that is full even if she fed and I'm worried the oversupply is back.
She is a month old, should I just start her on easy? She doesnt sleep long days and the past 2 nights I hold her or she sleeps on me. She is feeding every 1.5-2h at night. She falls asleep in arms while we rock her or more often lately, while I feed her. Is it worth stsrting easy  now or should I wait a few days to see if it's s  GS?

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 12:15:26 pm »
Is the poop still green and stringy? Have you consulted the dr about that?

Do you have breastfeeding support groups you could go to to speak with someone qualified irl?

You can try easy in terms of the general pattern but it's important to feed on cue rather than try to stretch feeds.

Offline dache

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 12:57:45 pm »
The dr office also offers breastfeeding support. I got advice and things are much better, still a bit pain but blister is gone, mastitis gone, and breasts are healing. Still figuring the other things.

Is the poop still green and stringy? Have you consulted the dr about that?

Yes, her doctor recommend the probiotics and cutting dairy although I already did that. We are going on Monday for a check up. Poop is still green most of the time, strings very little but there is still mucus. I'm thinking maybe I should eliminate eggs next but it's my go to protein these days. We'll see on Monday

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 21:50:14 pm »
Hmmm I thought that green poos means rather lactose intolerance than any kind of allergy. Is there any signs of allergy on skin?
~Marta

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 09:00:26 am »
Lactose intolerance is extremely rare in babies. It's normally an intolerance to the milk protein. Common for there to be other intolerances too like soya as the proteins are similar.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 10:54:26 am »
I understand that intolerance is rare but milk can have to much of lactose? And the baby can produce yet to little of lactase? Re milk protein, it can only be allergy? Intolerance can be only for sugars and allergy for proteins?
~Marta

Offline *Ali*

• Caught in the act!
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 15:29:25 pm »
No, they can be either allergic or intolerant to the milk protein. Allergy is more serious and can be life threatening. Intolerance is more focused on the digestive system and is more common. Babies are more likely to be intolerant to the protein than the sugar but both are of course possible. The problem with lactose intolerance is breast milk will still contain lactose even if mum cuts it out her diet as it is part of the make up of the breastmilk itself.

Offline dache

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 19:19:08 pm »
With dd1 they thought lactose intolerance so they told us to try lactose free formula based on cow protein, it was one of the worste periods. She screamed so much! So we believe it's something else in cow's milk.

Her poop is normal colour now but still stringy with a little bit of mucus. Her doctor is not concerned, we are monitoring her, thinking seem to change over few days so we are waiting.

Offline dache

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2018, 08:48:40 am »
Hi ladies just wanted to let you know that things are great now. She still has tummy issues but breastfeeding is going great. I got a different pump and got 50ml after she fed so I no longer worry about having enough milk. And my breasts have healed complitely. She is fast and effective when feeding lol.

Maybe I should start a different thread about this, but I was wondering about dream feed.
Right now when she falls asleep at bt, usually 7-8, she sleeps for 5h than waking every 2-3h. She wakes up around 1, 3-4, 5-6 and up for the day around 7:30.
I go to sleep soon after her, 9:30 latest. I was wondering if I should set an alarm around 10:30-11 for a df?

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:45 am »
I try for a DF just as I’m going to bed myself. Kind of brutal for you to set the alarm and end up have to wake an additional time.