Author Topic: 12 week old can self settle at night but not during day- really struggling  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0

I'm looking for some much needed advice for my 12 week old who is really struggling with daytime naps and self settling. He sleeps really well at night going down at 7-7.30pm and settling himself to sleep he will usually then sleep until 5am where he will have a feed and again settle himself back to sleep,in the crib until around 7am. Then the trouble starts! He usually gets tired after 1.5 hours so I take him to his room, close the blinds sing to him and cuddle him until he is drowsy them pop him in the crib while shushing him but he gets more and more agitated until he starts full on screaming until i pick him up and then he will start to fall asleep on my shoulder. I can repeat the process several times but he will not self settle. We use white noise and I'm trying to catch him before he's too tired but tired enough. Once he is asleep I can put him down once he is through the first jolt but then he wakes 30 minutes later and I can't get him to go back off. We seem to spend all day doing this just to get 30 minutes sleep. I have tried shush patting but he hates sleeping on his side so struggling with it.

Why can he settle at night but not during the day? Any suggestions? I'm worried if I keep rocking him to sleep he will suddenly need this at night too.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Hi, I'm locking this as you're getting good advice on your EASY thread.