Author Topic: Dreamfeed disaster...  (Read 1203 times)

Offline *niki*

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Dreamfeed disaster...
« on: August 16, 2017, 18:50:49 pm »
DD is 4 mo this week and i tried a DF last night as she has been waking up once around 4-5AM hungry.  She has been sleeping full nights (7PM to 7AM) on occasion.  I know she is still young, and she's by far the best sleeper of my 3 kids, but i was hoping to get rid of that NF since she only takes 2-3oz then falls back asleep till 7.

Well what a disaster... she got quite awake while feeding and took me 20 min to get her back down.. then she woke up agitated at least 15 times between 1 and 4AM.. i'm thinking she must have been struggling with stomach discomfort.. ? or the sleep cycle disruption was too much for her to deal with ? I am sooooo tired today, it's lucky i was only working the morning.. WWYD : try again or just deal with the 4AM feed for now ? 

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Dreamfeed disaster...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 19:39:11 pm »
I would just deal with the 4am feed for now.  I never did the DF with either of mine because I found it disrupted their sleep cycles too much.  To me, 1 quick feed at 4am and right back to sleep is better than spending 20mins to resettle her, and the multiple NW that ensued afterwards.

It was the first time so you could try it again to see what happens, but honestly...if she's only waking once at 4am then you've got a pretty good sleeper on your hands and I wouldn't mess with it!  My motto tends to be "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)