Author Topic: 4 year old fearful at night is always all night  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
4 year old fearful at night is always all night
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:53:08 am »
 My four-year-old has always been sensitive to sounds when he was little the sound of the vacuum scared him so much that he couldnt even be near one.  We had taken him for a hearing test and the dr said he just has some sensory issues like a lot of kids with sound.
Most recently seven trouble sleeping at night. He'll fall asleep around 830 he'll be up around midnight crying and very fearful of a noise he heard his room.  We've always used a white noise machine and still do two of them.  He also won't let us put his air conditioner on because of the noise scares him at night.  Then we'll  finally settle him by laying next to him in his room And he's up again a few hours later. Then he might be up until 5 then fallback for a while and up again at 6 for the day. Last night he fell asleep at 8 woke at 11 in a cold sweat shaking about a noise he hears outside. I laid with him until he fell asleep I tried to leave and he woke up and we did that again until midnight. He was so scared that he wanted to come in our bed which he never ever does. Then my husband needs to be up at 5 for work so he wakes then he'll fall back and wake again when the baby is up on the monitor at 645.
Help I don't know what to do. And everyone is exhausted.