Author Topic: 7 month old fights naps  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Lvworkaholic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 30, 2017, 14:51:42 pm »
Hello!

I am having a difficult time with my 7 month old and her naps.

She fights to fall asleep and will do everything she can not to actually allow herself to sleep. She will play with her feet, take her pacifier out and play with it, pull at her clothes or sleeper. When she does sleep it's only 30 mins and it's on dot.

We use to be able to just walk with her and she would fall asleep. Then that no longer worked and we would lie her down and sing to her and rub her chest now that doesn't work. My mom rolled her in the bassinet and she fell asleep and got accustom to that but she is too big for the bassinet and I don't want to be rolling her forever.

She wakes up once during the night never quite the same time and won't go to sleep unless she eats. We are slowly cutting the amount down so she gets use to no formula at night.

We have a somewhat routine with her activity and eating but her naps are horrible. She will show signs of being tired but once we start to wind her down she won't have it and fights sleep.

I am at a loss as what to do. We tried pick up/put down and once she is picked up you can't put her back down or she screams bloody murder.

My parents live with us and they can't hear her cry very long so I am between a rock and a hard place and need some advice please

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 7 month old fights naps
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:49:23 am »
Hi, welcome to BW! Sounds like things are a bit tricky for you at the moment.

We have a somewhat routine with her activity and eating but her naps are horrible. She will show signs of being tired but once we start to wind her down she won't have it and fights sleep.
Can you give me some more information about this? First off, it would be helpful if you could just jot down times when she wakes, eats, goes to sleep for the next day or two to give us a bit of an idea how we could help with the routine. From what you've written here, sounds like she might be overtired by the time she's getting to sleep (possibly undertired when you're starting the wind-down) which is why you're getting those 30min naps.

PUPD will only work in certain circumstances including that LO is actually tired enough and not too OT so getting the routine at least close to suitable for her is a key step before going into PUPD.