Author Topic: 6 month old new to EASY  (Read 1486 times)

Offline MelanieD

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 04, 2017, 15:10:02 pm »
Good morning! I have a very active 6 month old who crawls and stands. She will be quite drowsy and when I lay her in the crib she often pops right up standing and laughing. She very rarely cries in the crib until right before she falls asleep (and then may need only a few put downs. Occasionally a pick up). I started the process three days ago and I'm not sure if I should be putting her down every time she stands up or if I should let her go.

Second question- she very sweetly likes to fall asleep holding my face or my hand. I am assuming this is a prop and should be discouraged. Am I right in this ? She has not taken to a lovey yet. When I put my hand on her chest she wants to hold it. Any suggestions?

Last question- for now- my sweetie is still having 2 night feeds at inconsistent times. She is not taking food yet and will take full feeds both times at night. I have started feeding her in a quiet room without distractions. I am waiting to night wean for when food is established. Would you agree?

Right now I'm pretty strictly following the "schedule" suggested in the book for introducing EASY to a 6 month old. She is responding well- I believe she will be a baby that will take a few more days. It's a hard balance of encouraging self soothing and nurturing her individual needs. Any recommendations are very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6 month old new to EASY
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 19:04:08 pm »
Hi just letting you know I have replied on your other thread here: https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=287288.msg3168267#msg3168267  Please add any advice and support for MelanieD by following the link :)