Author Topic: Stopping swaddling at 6 months  (Read 1268 times)

Offline tamlev

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 04, 2017, 06:09:42 am »
Hi,
My DD is 5 months and is on EASY since we came home from the hospital. She is our 2nd daughter (also the 1st was on EASY).

We’ve been swaddling our LO since birth and she sleeps very well (naps and night time). She is developing nicely- holding herself up, catching toys, pivoting on the play mat, flipping over from back to tummy and tummy to back a few times a day (not consistent yet).

We think that it may be time to stop swaddling her since she is getting big and active and we don’t want this to hold up development. In addition, at the end of October she will be 7 months and will be going to daycare during since I will be going back to work. I figured we should get her used to sleeping not swaddled about a month earlier so there are no problems with that.

I am a bit concerned about stopping the swaddling since I don’t want this to ruin her good sleep. Any suggestions how to do this? Gradually (1 or 2 hands out) or other? I understand it may be a few days of adaptation so would like to hear any tips on how to handle.

Thank you,
Tammy

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Stopping swaddling at 6 months
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 18:55:15 pm »
If she is able to roll onto her front then you do need to get on and wean it for safety reasons really.  There are some good tips and tricks here which may help - https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=251444.0 :)