Author Topic: 19 weeks baby girl becomes to a snacker??  (Read 1797 times)

Offline emily.panye

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
19 weeks baby girl becomes to a snacker??
« on: September 06, 2017, 17:01:29 pm »
My LO was pretty good at eating, normally can take 7oz per feed, 4 times during the day. She doesnt need night time feed. But start recently, she only drinks 3-4oz per feed. We dont want let her become to a snacker, but if we just let her drink only 3-4oz, she will only nap 40min and screaming for food. also wake up at night for food. We are on 4 hours schedule for a month, she drinks pretty good at 7pm, but not during the day. We just changed the nipple size last month (3-6month medium flow), she already has 2 teeth around 15weeks, so i dont think she has teeth pain right now. any suggestion? should we change nipple size again or break the feeding to 6 times?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 19 weeks baby girl becomes to a snacker??
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 20:03:56 pm »
Hi! I'm really sorry, I thought I'd posted a few days ago, clearly not!

How are things now? Are you still having the same issues? She could well be teething, there's a lot of teeth to come through over the next 18 months or so.

If things are still difficult could you post your routine and we will see if anything jumps out!

Laura

Offline emily.panye

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 22:09:00 pm »
we went to the doc couple times, they dont think anything wrong with her.. she loves solid food, now we add 2 meals between each feeding, but still, she doesn't drink her milk like before. here's our routine.

7am get up and milk (~4oz)
8am solid food
9am nap
11am get up and milk (~3oz)
12am solid food
12:30pm nap, and milk (~2oz)
3pm get up and milk (~3oz)
5pm  milk (~2oz) and catnap (if she sleeps more than 2h at the afternoon, she will skip catnap)
6pm  bath and milk (~3oz)
7pm sleep (~3oz)
night feeding, depends how much she eats during the day

Offline Lolly

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 15:33:26 pm »
Ok, looking at your routine I think your problem is that her routine isn't appropriate for her age so she isn't getting hungry enough. If you look at the middle of the day for example she has milk at 11am, food an hour later and then another bottle 30 minutes later. She's snacking on those bottles because there isn't enough space between them. If she is having milk during the night too that will have an impact on her day bottles.

At the end of the day too you are offering feeds every hour, that's just not enough time between bottles.

From about 16 weeks babies move to a 4 hour schedule so there is 4 hours between bottles, so I would expect a bottles a 7am, 11am, 3pm and then bedtime. Have a look at this slink and check the routines for 8 month old babies. I think though, if you spread your bottles further apart she will take more at each feed, it may take a few days to adjust though!

You will need to extend her A times as well, if she wakes at 7 I would expect the first nap to be at about 10, at this age their A times are around 3 hours.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164030.0

What do you think?

Laura

Offline emily.panye

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 17:10:29 pm »
we were on 4 hour EASY since week 12, she was really good until recently (used to drink 7oz per feed and no night feedings), the reason i have to feed her all the time, cause she refuse to drink more than 3/4oz at once... we tried not to offer her anything between feedings, and she still drinks only 3/4oz next round. but at night, she wakes all the time for food :(

Also i found it's a little bit easier to feed her right before her nap when she is sleepy, but i really don't want her relate eat with sleep... Doc let us feed her solid food as much as she wants, and she loves solid food.. but that doesn't help her milk intake... any suggestion?

this was her schedule 3 weeks ago when she was a good eater..
7am feed, 8:30 nap, 10:00 gets up, 11:00 feed, 12:00 nap, 2:30 gets up, 3 feed, 4:30 nap, 5:45 bath and feed, 7pm sleep. no night feedings.

Offline Lolly

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 20:29:06 pm »
I'd go back to that and see what happens, she could be teething which may not be obvious as teeth shift below the gums before they appear. If she wasn't taking bottles in the night, she shouldn't need them now - maybe off a drink of water instead. You may get a difficult night or two but you will need to work through it to get back on track.

How much is she actually having overnight and how much solids is she eating? Try the faster teat, it's worth a try. Appetites do drop and increase and they aren't equally hungry at every feed.

Laura

Offline emily.panye

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 00:11:58 am »
she drinks less than 18oz during the day, and at night she can drink 7-8oz, we tried not to give her night feeding, but it doesnt help her day feeding at all... :(, we are already on 6M+ nipple. She can eat 3-4oz solid food during the day, and she loves it. i really dont know what else i can try now...