Author Topic: Awake for 1-1.5hs in the early morning hours  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Alina.fluturas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Awake for 1-1.5hs in the early morning hours
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:24:04 am »
Hi all,
Please advise me how to sort this out.
 My almost 6 month old baby wakes up between 4-5am for a feed, I nurse him and then it's anywhere between 1-1.5hs most nights to get him to fall back asleep no matter what I do whether I take him in bed with me or on me or leave him in his crib - he chats away slams his legs, whines etc...no way I can sleep while he isn't and often even when he finally goes to sleep around 6am I don't sleep anymore so it's really tiring.
He goes to bed between 7-8 pm and that is his first wake usually so he sleeps about 8-9hs straight. We have a good routine in the day
Anyone else? How can I fix this?
Thanks

Offline Alina.fluturas

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Awake for 1-1.5hs in the early morning hours
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 10:30:19 am »
Just wanted to ad his naps are usually mid morning 1.5-2 hs then early afternoon for anywhere between 40mins-1.5hs and a late afternoon nap for 30-40 mins which finishes no later than 5.30 pm so I wouldn't think anything in his routine is causing this issue at 4-5am...

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 21:51:46 pm »
Hi - Maybe he is UT and getting ready to drop his 3rd nap? Can you post your EASY?

Offline Alina.fluturas

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:41:06 am »
Hi! Sorry for late reply.
He actually hasn't done it for 3 nigjts in a row then last night he did it again...i wonder now if its leap 5 related and having good days and bad days/nights. Yesterday was a bit bad interms of naps too.
Anyway this is our routine:
Wake between 6-7am (it was closer to 7am but last 2 days he woke at 6am..) t
Feed
Nap1 2hs after waking, usually for 1.5-2hs (but yesterday was 40mins, today back to nearly 2hs)
Feed
Nap 2 2.25-2.5hs after waking again for about 1.5hs
Feed
Nap3 2.25-2.5hs after waking for about 40mins.
Feed
Bedtime starts approx 2hs after waking with bath etc. /  aim to be in bed asleep 2.5-3hs after waking from last nap.
Usually he falls asleep for naps in 1-2 mins on his own with no or minimal fighting (more like moaning) so I guess AT is ok for now?
He will be 6 months in a week.
We have 9 more days to go with leap 5.
Looking forward to your suggestions
TIA

Offline ZanesOTmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 15:00:01 pm »
Hi there. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. DS started on leap 5 this week and we're in the process of switching to 2 naps. We've been having EWs too and this morning he was up at 3am. I would shhpat for 10-15mins then the minute I go back to bed, he's wide awake again. Cycled for 1.5hrs. Then he was up for good at 6am. It's tiring isn't it? The EW have been going on for about 2 weeks and seems to be getting worse. Looking forward to hearing what other have to say to help you out. *hugs

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 18:03:23 pm »
Hi there
I would probably start to move that first nap a bit later. 15 mins later to begin with then after a few days another 15 mins. So your A time is more like 2.5hrs which is closer to the other A times.  Over the next few weeks you can be looking to increase those first 2 A times up to 3hrs and eventually drop the CN.  Initially with the CN still there BT would be more like 8pm rather than 7pm but once the CN is dropped BT would be earlier.
hope that helps