Author Topic: Early riser.... please help....I'm shattered!  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Buckley_81

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Early riser.... please help....I'm shattered!
« on: September 10, 2017, 04:54:34 am »
Hi everybody, I'm at my wits end here. My son (who is 2 this week) wakes every morning at 5 on the button. He is shouting for his bottle but has to have it downstairs and then won't go back to sleep. He naps at 12.30 in crèche for an hour and a half. As he is up so early he loves his nap time and falls asleep in seconds. We put his to bed in the evening at 7.15/7.30. Even if we put him to bed later he is still up at 5. My husband and I are both working so we are shattered and cranky by the time we come home from work. We've been doing these early starts now for nearly a year and it's really taking a toll on us and the marriage. I am also dreading the clocks going back at the end of October as this may mean a 4am start. Please help... any advice useful from a tied mama,x

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Early riser.... please help....I'm shattered!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:57:56 pm »
At 2yo I'd honestly cut the bottle out.  if he's shouting for his bottle then it's habit based on his digestion. He really doesn't need a feed that early at 2yo.

I'd get him up & distract him & not offer him the bottle anymore & hold out on food for as long as possible. I found with my DS1 (he was only 1 at the time) we got some improvement - closer to 6, by not offering any food until 7am... he was still an early riser, but it wasn't as early... sadly my DS2 was an early riser, but as he didn't ever get milk or food until 7am (unless he hadn't eaten since 2 or 3 am) I couldn't even blame an early feed on his early waking.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Erica_a80

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:17:40 am »
Hi.

Unfortunately I have no advice as we are in the same position with our 19month old. But I just wanted to reassure you that you aren't alone. It is extremely frustrating that they start their day so early. We too are dreading the clocks going back. If I find any advice on what to do with the clocks going back, I will pop it on here.
Big hugs

Erica x

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:23 am »
Hi, It might help to ask crèche to put him down a bit later for his nap and/or cut it shorter... how long is it?

It is possible that he's a bit overtired - mine would wake after 9.5-10hr night sleep when OT and needed a much earlier BT so that's a possibility.

Can you post his EASY?