Author Topic: 2-1 a fresh look  (Read 578 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
2-1 a fresh look
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:54:34 am »
My older threads have begun to digress and a lot has changed so here we are...

Background: My LO is almost 11.5 months old, I would say that she is textbook/spirited. She has started to walk but still chooses to crawl when she wants to get somewhere. She just cut tooth #7 so 8 should be on the way soon. She is an independent sleeper. She started to show signs of the 2-1 transition at 9 months eeeeek!!! she seems to be on the lower end of sleep need spectrum.

With help from BW forum we we're able to hold on to the 2nd cat nap for almost 6 weeks. The last cat nap was almost 2 weeks ago.

Current routine:

5:15-6:00 AM Wake (desired 6:00AM - more on this to come)
BF
7:00 breakfast
8:00 snack
10:30-11:00 lunch
11:30-130/2:00 Nap (2-2.5h)
1:30/200 EBM from cup (just started Weaning this BF)
3:30 snack
4:55 BF (this is attempted cat nap with APOP)
5:45-6:00 dinner
6:40-6:50 BT routine with BF
6:50-7:00 BT

I can't say things have been awful during this transition (in the moment a may say differently). She has some crankiness/hyper activity in eve before bed, but not much.

Previously she STTN ~10.5-11h

The last 2 weeks have been inconsistent: some nights she STTN, some nights 1-3 brief NW (although looking back her NW are almost always centred around new teeth)...

Now she seems to have settled into EW (I was warned and expected this I guess...) For the last few days she has woke 5:15-5:20. At what point would a WU be considered habitual??

As I see it I have a few options... What would others recommend?

- wake to sleep
- earlier BT (currently 6:45-6:50)
- wait it out patiently. I am not generally a patient person, but I have a decent tolerance when I know something is temporary or going to improve. Plus LO still usually sleeps 10.5h before EW so our situation is annoying but not dire.
- something else entirely (I am hesitant to change her daytime routine as she naps well is very content and it works well for me going back to work in October and her going to daycare)

Thanks! Sometimes I feel like a broken record on this forum. I appreciate everybody's patience and support.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 2-1 a fresh look
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 19:14:00 pm »
I would probably try a bit earlier bedtime for now - perhaps 6-6.30pm?  I wonder if she is overtired by 7pm and then crashing (for us that's what tends to give 10.5h nights as opposed to 11h+) as for a little one on one nap her day is rather long right now.  It seems like sometimes they can cope with one long A time, but then the other really needs to be quite short to compensate until they get quite a bit older.  As she gets a bit more rested you may be able to push the whole day out so nap and bedtime can come slightly later and then the morning will hopefully follow x

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 21:39:05 pm »
Thanks!!
We have been doing earlier bedtime, I do agree that may be our best bet. But even when she had 2 good naps she only did 10.5-11h nights. Consistent 11h would be nice :)

We sorta created/supported the 6am wake up as that is what works for me going back to work.

I still try for a cat nap each day... But it hasn't been successful since beginning of September.

She doesn't usually crash at BT, actually some days she has fought BT (but she also just cutting tooth)

I was hoping to push her morning a bit as she is taking longer to settle for her nap and occasionally does shorter nap. I have meeting at the daycare tomorrow. I would like to see how flexible they will be with the routine I give them.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 18:33:38 pm »
How are you getting on? :)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 21:22:49 pm »
I think it is getting better!

We have not had as many EW. Still some NW but she is cutting a tooth and they seem like her previous pain/teething wakes, but can't be sure.

She has regularly extended her nap to 2.5h, that with the early BT seems to be working out.

Oddly enough, she took her first 15 min cat nap in over 3 weeks today... So we will see what that means.

Her daycare claims to be flexible with whatever routine I provide, she starts f/t next week so we will see how that goes.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 12:29:24 pm »
Good luck with the transition to daycare :D