Author Topic: Bedtime routine for 14 month old  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:59:49 am »
My 14 month lo is still taking a small nightime bottle. We do bath pjs and sit in the rocker with his bottle and into crib for the night. I'm trying to wean him from this bottle soon and I'm looking for suggestions on new bedtime routine. With my older lo it was an easy transition. He'd sit with me on rocker with his sippy cup of milk as opposed to laying in my lap with a bottle and we read a story. And into crib. This guy is reluctant to guve up the bottle and won't take the milk in a sippy. He also isn't interested in books so I'm at a loss as to how the bedtime routine might look. He goes into crib awake and falls asleep within minutes no crying and sleeps through the night. Any suggestions?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Bedtime routine for 14 month old
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:12 am »
My DS2 is 19 months and still has BT bottle, your routine at BT looks good I wouldn't fix what's not broken for now as he's still young. Just make sure you do a little teeth clean after the milk.

Some lo just like that added comfort of the bottle still.
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 10:50:58 am »
You are right! I'm just wondering what it might look like without the bottle. What do some routines look like after bottle ?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Bedtime routine for 14 month old
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:48:36 am »
Probably bath, drink of milk in sippy or cup then teeth then stories/songs and bed!?
Zoe