SLEEP > Naps

13 weeks, what is his A time??

<< < (2/6) > >>

becj86:
It sounds like something is really upsetting him. So it could 'just' be that he knows the winddown leads to naptime and isn't keen when he's undertired, hence the protest... then he he becomes overtired during the process. This is something I find happens with long wind downs sometimes. Some babies do great with them, some just don't.

He may be upset about the transition from one activity to another. You could try taking some item from his play activity to bed with him (remove once aslerp is needed for safety). My son took a spoon everywhere with him for a while. Have you introduced a lovey/comfort item? That is also worth a try.

Ciuci:
Could be what you wrote in your first paragraph. A lovey I think would be futile at this point. He's only just 3 months old, he barely knows his hands belong to him. Earliest I read that a lovey could be introduced with somewhat success and recognition is 4 months. I will try that soon.

Thanks... I will try anything that comes to mind. So far I see that if I put him on his belly he calms down sooner (5-30 min instead of 45-60). And I can only hope that time goes faster and he grows up.

Ciuci:
He started waking up happily to play at 5:00 am. He sleeps very badly from 8:00 pm to about 1:00/1:30 am, waking up 3-4 times in this interval, then manages to sleep one long cycle of about 3-4 hrs and is up chatting and playing at 5:00. I do manage to put him down again, takes about 45 min, and then he sleeps (on his belly and quite agitated due to all the noise around from DD1 getting ready for kindergarten) until 8:00.

I know that normally EW is a sign he needs to increase his A time. Considering he starts fussing that he's sleepy already at 1h and then ends up crying and finally falling asleep at around 1:55-2:00h, to what should I increase?? And he sleeps just 30 min, what A time could he possibly handle more?

becj86:
He's still about 3 months, yes? If so, really the aim is to get him to fall asleep around 1.5hr.

Can you resettle that 30min waking?

Ciuci:
Nope, never.

He just turned 3 months. Last night he woke up 7 times within 10 hrs. Today we had to drive some 2h one way and 2h back, he cried the whole time and couldn't settle down. He ended up with 2:45 and 3:00 hrs A time :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version