Author Topic: Almost 2 year old separation anxiety  (Read 1341 times)

Offline lyssie28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Almost 2 year old separation anxiety
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:29 pm »
ever since my lo was born she has gone to bed totally fine with nothing except her dummy. She would lie down and just talk to herself until she fell asleep.  All  a sudden yesterday she went crazy when i put her down for her nap and i just put it down to her not wanting it but then she did the same at bedtime. I've never seen her cry like that.  Today I tried her with her nap again and she did the same thing.  The only thing that calmed her was me staying next to her cot so im pretty sure it's separation anxiety.  She would close her and then pop them open quickly as if checking to see if im still there. Any tips?  I was gradually edging to the door but every time I went out she would go nuts and it took a while to calm her again.  She ended up not napping again.  Please help as I also have a 4 year old and I'm a single mum and the evening when they go to bed are all the time I have to myself and I'm studying for a degree and need this time right now.  What is the best process to help her get over this? Also she will need to in her big bed soon as she is climbing out of her cot. 

Offline Margarita90

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Almost 2 year old separation anxiety
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 15:22:44 pm »
Hello,

Poor you.. have some ideas maybe they will help you.
First check if she is not sick or not teething.
And then maybe she is scared of sth what happened during the day, so the solution is to speak with her in the evening, about all her day. If she can't tell you , you can tell her, with questions and help her to answer. And then she will not be thinking alone about this later. You will tell her that everything is all right etc.

Hope that everything is fine until now:)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Almost 2 year old separation anxiety
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 13:18:25 pm »
How are things now?
Zoe