Author Topic: 8 month old not sleeping much  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Roisin n

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:26 am »
Hi, I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some advice as I'm not sure if something is wrong in our routine.

My 8 month old daughter has suddenly changed over the last few weeks and now doesn't sleep very long in the day. Our routine was working well and She napping well and sleeping through for a few weeks but has now started to wake again around 2/3ish and then at 5/530 in the morning.

I have just started back at this this week and would like to get back on track.

Our day is usually like this:

Wake up -5:30
Milk (BF) - 7am

Breakfast - 8am

Nap 1 - 9am (sleeps for 1hr 5)

Milk - 11 (bottle - usually only takes 3-4 oz)

Lunch - 12:15

Nap - 1:30 (sleeps for 1hr 5)

Milk - 3.30pm

Dinner 5:15

Milk - 6:20

Bedtime - 6:30 (usually asleep within 10-15 mins)

She Been waking around 230/3ish but usually goes back off with her dummy and comforter.

It's a long time between the last nap and BT so I'm sure she is tired by then. How can I make her BT later so she wakes later without her being so over tired. She usually only sleeps for 10hr 45 mins at night. She also goes off by herself as long as she has her dummy and comforter.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Thanks

Roisin

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 8 month old not sleeping much
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 19:02:05 pm »
Are those set nap times you have been doing?  If so I think they just need some adjusting :)  A 9am nap is a bit early in the day for this age and can encourage an early waking.  I would push that out by 15 mins, hold for 3 days, then push again to more like 9.30am and see what happens.  You may need to move later still and similarly need to move your afternoon nap later.  Although BW works with A times usually, set naps can work for some babies but I would think about the sort of A times you would expect for a baby this age.  For example if your ideal WU time is 6.30am, you would want to set your first nap 3-3.5h later than that (based on typical A time for an 8 month old) say 9.30/10am.  Then pick your second nap time based on when you expect her to wake from the first one.

Hope that helps!

Offline Roisin n

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 19:52:37 pm »
Thanks for the advice!

They're not set nap times. Just recently with the early wake ups - she struggles to stay awake later than 9 but hopefully we can start pushing it back gradually. She is also teething which has messed up her naps recently.

Thank you :)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 8 month old not sleeping much
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 19:07:02 pm »
Just checking in to see how you are doing?