ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

12 Werka short A

(1/4) > >>

eva026:
Im just popping on with a quick question. DD2 is 3mo soon - around 11-12 week now. Her A time is really short and I’m wondering if I should start pushing it out a little?
She starts yawning at 50min usually and if I don’t have her sleeping by 1,10h she’s yelling the house down. The short A time is a bit of a drag because by the time she is up, fed and changed it’s basically time to put her down again. Is it normal to have such a short A at this age?

Our EASY:

BT 7.30-8pm
WU 7.30-8am
NF 2am, 4am, 6am
E every 2-3h (I try fit it in around naps, we don’t F2S - the only thing I’ve done right lol)
A 1.10h
S 2x1.5h in my arms and 2-3x 30-40min on her own
I’m not biting the sleep training billet till we are down to 2 naps (I was a stressed out wreck with DD 1 and it turners out her short naps were developmental and fixed themselves at 6mo), but at this rate she’ll be 8mo before that happens!
So what do you think - push out her A or leave it for now?

becj86:
Sounds like she might just still be in that sleepy phase which lasts varying time for different babies. Does she do any better with the A time first up in the morning or after a longer nap?

I think I'd leave it for now, Eva, she's within the range of normal there. Sounds like you're doing well finding a balance :)

eva026:
How do I know she’s ready for more A? She always sleeps 40min (20min if very OT) on her own so I can’t tell if she’s UT. Or will she hopefully start yawning later at some point. I don’t always catch the yawn, especially if her sister is at home. On weekends she is usually a mess by the afternoon.
Her transition is awful. She thrashes her head, spits out her dummy, flails her arm (swaddled one arm out) and cries with her eyes closed. If I pick her up and stroke her she’ll settle down to sleep after 20min if this, but I was wondering if it could be because of UT?
Anyway, thanks for your words of encouragement, wil carry on plugging along. Have 2 kids is definitely more difficult than 1!

becj86:
You could try gently pushing her A time by 5min and see what happens - she may settle better and may transition. What I was trying to say before is that I don't think she's necessarily gotten into the habit of being tired after 1:10 like some babies do if you keep them at 1.5hr until they're 4.5mo and mum is then scared to push A times to 2hr because LO will be OT, yk? I think she might just be a bit slower to 'wake up' from that newborn stage.

I reckon she's a mess on weekends due to OS and associated OT from short naps. 

Have you been able to try HTTJ at say 35min?

eva026:
Ok, I’ll try push to 1.15
She’s definitely a mess on weekends because of OT and OS. Nothing I can do about that, her. Sister is home and we are usually out and about. I give her one chance to sleep long in the morning and if she doesn’t do it then she has to manage with naps in the wrap or pram - poor kid. I always feel guilty by the end of the day but staying home with a bored 5yo all day would end with me yelling at everyone!

I try to hold but that makes her angry. She needs one arm out to stroke her muslin to try settle herself - not that it works yet. W2S doesn’t work either.

Night time is great though (I’ve probably jinxed it now!), she goes into her crib and drifts off while I stroke her. Naps are another story- only in my arms. I’ve weaned her off walking her around to sleep, now we are slowly working on rocking more and now  gently, sometimes only holding and stroking. I don’t get why BT is so different??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version