Author Topic: 12 Werka short A  (Read 5208 times)

Offline eva026

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
Re: 12 Werka short A
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:28 am »
Ok Thx, will give it a go.
She’s co confusing this one. Her sister was totally by the book with average A times.
 I totally apop by rocking, it’s the only way I can extend any nap for now.
In the sling she’ll sleep but no longer than 30-40min. On Saturday we were out all day and this was her only option so we had 30min naps all day. How do you train them to sleep in a sling for longer?
Kindergarten pickups - I used to drive but she’d scream all the way. Now I’m taking a bus and while she is quiet in the sling in a bus, she’s totally is by all the people and doesn’t sleep at all. So rock and hard place.

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 05:45:17 am »
How do you train them to sleep in a sling for longer?
I did a shush/pat variant for settling and resettling. I tended to favour OT naps for resettling because i found those easier than UT ones. I used a wrap and tucked his head in with enough clearance for his nose. With some carriers, there is a hood that helps once they're asleep but I could never get it over his head when he was awake!

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 15:03:07 pm »
One more question, dd always ends up with a looong A time before bed. I can’t somehow get things to fit.
Usually she is up 5.30-45pm and has to just survive till 7.30pm BT but I’ve just had a thought, what if I did 2 short naps in the run up to BT? So not extend the afternoon nap and she’ll be up around 5 then get her down at 6 again for another 40min nap? Would that be better than a long nap and OT BT?

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45:59 am »
Yes, that's reasonable to do. Give it a try at least, can't hurt to try :)