ACTIVITY > E.A.S.Y. Forum

Feeding to sleep & 45 min naps for 5 month old

<< < (2/6) > >>

NattysMom:
Ok I will try the top up feed.

This is how our next nap went:

Started sleepy cues at 130 (awake 2 hours)
Went to sleep pretty easily at 140 but woke 10 mins later at 150 maybe something woke her up, but woke up happy & chatty; wouldn't resettle
put down at 2, cried pupd, started rooting
Fed at 205 but this time she stopped before she got drowsy
Stayed awake for a bit
Started to get sleepy at 220; Put down at 225, tried to sleep, left room, resettled several times, prob OT by now
Slept from 240-320

NattysMom:
This is the rest of our day:

Woke up happy from last nap at 320

A 1h55
E 430
S 515-555 husband put down, took approx 20 mins of pupd, woke up tired

A 2h15
E 7 had a bottle (only ate 3oz)
BT down at 8 after 10 mins of pupd, cried out at 810 but resettled with a shhhh from hall.

She'll have a dreamfeed at 1015

We'll start again fresh tomorrow with the top off after an hour. We don't usually do bottle but we're having a babysitter tomorrow night and wanted to see how she'd be with the bottle, I'm surprised she only ate 3oz.

NattysMom:
One night feed at 2am

WU 710
E 710
810 top off: didn't want to eat
830 Tried again and she ate just past let down
845 started getting fussy/tired
920 very upset, only wanted to be held
925 nap routine, started whining, walked around house, every time entered her room she started to cry, after 10 mins, went to her room and she tried rooting but only once then at 937 she relaxed and closed her eyes
938 put down
939 left room
S 940-1010

She had a really hard time making it 2h30 for her first awake time and her nap was only 30 mins so isn't that OT, should I go back to 2h15?

NattysMom:
WU 710
E 710
A
E 830
A
S 940-1010
A
E 1110

I'm now giving her main feed at 1110 which she wanted at 1040 but I stretched it.
How can I give her a top up in an hour or so if that's her next nap time?
She's already rubbing her eyes and I think she should have a shorter awake time since the short nap.  If we had longer naps we wouldn't have this Issue but I'm not sure how to deal with this?

NattysMom:
The rest of today is kind of a disaster as we had chainsawing and wood chipping outside on our street so her nap was in the car because she couldn't sleep at home and then we have a grandparents watching tonight so we shall start fresh tomorrow! Thank you for your help so far!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version