Author Topic: 5 month old who was sleeping through now waking twice a night to feed  (Read 6913 times)

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: 5 month old who was sleeping through now waking twice a night to feed
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 14:50:18 pm »
Great news! And his nights are getting better, too... settling on his own and such.  I think if he does want some milk between 3-5, give him only 3 oz. to help him eat more at wake up. 

I know it's hard, but try feeding him only at 7am, if that's when you'd like for him to wake... the more you offer milk at 6 or earlier, the higher the chances he'll wake then. 

for A times, I would keep the first one short and by tired signs.  The 2nd and 3rd nap can be pushed 2.15-2.20 mins. He is probably ready for bed at 6:30 with 3 shorter naps...

5pm could've been too early for a CN... he might've been more inclined around 5:30. If you'd like to keep a later bedtime, I would only do a 10 min CN at 5:30 and bed at 7:00. This is if his naps have been short all day. If not, just do a solid 3 naps.

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 00:59:00 am »
Thanks for your reply.

So the night before tonight he also slept through but had a rubbish day of short naps then Yesterday he slept for two hours in the morning an hour in the afternoon and had a 20 minute CN and is now awake crying at 2am? Why does it seem that more day sleep keeps him awake at night? He’s not having more than the suggested daily amount but what do I do if it seems to be affecting him like this?

Offline Serenede

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 08:33:11 am »
Ok so maybe i was a bit quick to think it is the day sleep affecting him, im not sure. DH managed to settle him after 30 minutes, he then woke briefly at 5am but settled himself and then woke for the day at 7.20am so that was good.

Will see how the next few days/nights go.

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 23:17:55 pm »
I wish I could tell you why they wake, but there are so many reasons.  Especially in the first year of life. I'm glad he resettled... and again, so glad things have gotten better.  Please rest while you can. xo