Author Topic: Rolling, standing, crying  (Read 1160 times)

Offline zoemcn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 09, 2017, 13:41:19 pm »
Hello it’s me again!

So it’s been weeks now and we are still in the same boat. Our 10 month old girl cannot self soothe for naps or bedtime. She rolls over on to her tummy and stand up. If I try and lie her down again and again and leave the room she just screams hysterically and gets herself into such a state that it’s then difficult for her to calm down let alone go to sleep. This is happening for all naps and night wakings (of which there many). It can take 2 hours to get her back to sleep again and I am finding this very stressful and exhausting. I end up having to be in the room ssshh-ing her until she drops off. However, in the night this can only last an hour and then we have to do it all over again.

Because it’s taking so long at nap time her routine is now all over the place.

A 7ish
E 7:15 ish - 100mls (she won’t take more)
E 8 is solids
S 9:30 start naptime so we is asleep about 10 (1/2 hr nap)
10ish snack and water
12:30 solids
1ish start nap for sleep at 1:30 (she will sometimes go for 2hrs, sometimes less, sometimes needs re-settling)
3ish 100mls
5pm solids
6pm bathtime
7pm bed

We are practising her rolling, she is able to sit by herself but doesn’t!
Any help appreciated as I am at a loss of what to do next..

Thank you

Offline VnessMorris

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: Rolling, standing, crying
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 00:34:19 am »
Hi there,
I couldn't help but notice that your LO's A times seem a bit on the shorter side. Would you consider pushing her AT a bit more? E.g., push 15mins and hold for 3 days if she can handle it? And then push again? When my DD2 was around 10months she could handle a longer 1st AT and then subsequent ATs would be shorter e.g., 1st cycle AT was around 3:45, then 3:30's and then 3:10's before BT.

Here's a link in average ATs for LO's.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=84884.0

HTH!
V.
DD1 Angel Baby born Dec 16, 2014
DD2 Angel/Textbook Baby born Aug 27, 2016