Author Topic: Easy routine:Cat Naps in evening  (Read 1537 times)

Offline HelzBelz

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 14, 2017, 20:05:47 pm »
Hi Everyone!

Looking for some advice. I have a four week old girl on the EASY routine. During the day she is feeding every three hours and sleeps 1.5 hrs between each feed. However in the evening time i just cannot get her to cat nap between her cluster feeds and shes getting overtired and screams bloody murder. Please help!!! Today she hasnt slept since 4pm and its 9pm now and im trying to settle her for night time sleep.

Has anyone any suggestions for cat naps?

HelzBelz

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Easy routine:Cat Naps in evening
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 22:56:30 pm »
Hi, welcome to BW :)

Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy. It sounds like you've a really natural thing happening there with witching hour. She's almost certainly OT. I suspect if you try to aim for a 12hr day and a 12hr night, you might have more luck - that is, if you start your day at 7am, you're looking to have her in bed asleep for the night at 7pm. Your A times might need to be a bit shorter in the late afternoon too. If she'll nap on you between feeds and you can manage it, that's ok - those catnaps are going to be gone in a few short months.

Offline Mommyadel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 23:53:02 pm »
Agreed, if the rest of her naps are 1.5 and I'm her own then I would do what you can to get her to take that cat nap ( letting her sleep on you, a little rocking etc.) she is still very young and when my little guy was that age I would do what I could to get the sleep for him but tried to stick to the easy and somewhat limited the props. I would shorted the activity time in the evening too. Keep in mind the easy routine is just a guide. There were many night where I would spend countless times going in and out of the room to settle him almost 2 hrs sometimes! I use to look at the walls sometimes and wish I had a tv in there so it wouldn't be that bad lol! Good luck!