Author Topic: 28 month old cot issues / nap dropping  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
28 month old cot issues / nap dropping
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:25:22 am »
Hi,

I’m just looking for some advice as my LG is def dropping her nap. I’ve read all the support on it and I know how hard it can be and how long a process it can be. She has tended to respond well to a super early bed time as she does add on the nap.
The only way we get a nap now is to drive her in the car. I wouldn’t even try her cot as she refuses.
I’d say overall we had been coping ok with nnd until now. For the past week, she has been awful going to bed refusing to lie down in her cot bed. I don’t engage with her and just repeat lie down sleepy time but she was not happy, crying and shouting for up to an hour one night (I was in with her walking in and out). In the end, I lay her on the double bed in her room and shhhhed her to sleep and she was asleep within minutes.
Two nights I have had to stand at the cot and shhhh. I haven’t had to do that kind of thing since she was much younger. This has been happening on nnd so it isn’t that she isn’t tired enough.

My days have looked like this:
Wu: 7.30
S: 13.50-14.40
Bt: 7.30 s: 8

Wu: 8.40 (woken by me)
Nnd
Bt: 7 s: 7.10
Nw: 22.05

Wu: 8
S: 17.20-17.40 (Car journey on way home)
B: 8, s: 8

Wu: 8.20
Nnd
Bt: 7; s:7.40 (went crazy at bedtime and had to stay in)

Wu: 7.20
S: 12.45-14.00
Bt: 7.30 s: 8.05 (shouted lots so in and out a few times)

Wu: 8.10
Refused nap
S: 17.10-17.40 (journey home)
Bt: 8 s: 8.35 ( shouted lots again)

Wu:6.30 (Emw due to late nap perhaps?)

I guess I’m looking for a routine check to try and solved the cot dislike and shouting?

Thanks
🙂

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 28 month old cot issues / nap dropping
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:54:03 am »
Hi there sorry you’ve not had a reply yet. Do you think she is better at BT when she’s had a nap? For us we had to resist to 20 min CN and max of 12 hour day at the beginning of a nap dropping phase. On a no nap day sometimes the day was only 11 hours long.
Zoe

Offline Mum2lucy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:36:46 am »
Hiya,

She is better with a nap for behaviour and general happiness as with no nap she is easily upset and tantrums. In saying that, I could deal with this if it wasn’t mayhem at bedtime.

She’s had 3 nnd day Nursery this week and she has been so inconsistent at bed so it is hard to know what to do.

Wu: 7.25
Bt: 6.30, s: 6.40 shouting about not wanting to sleep in cot

Wu: 7.40 (woken by me as needed to go to work)
Bt: 7.38, s: 7.40 (one shout and to then to sleep. I was working late so no option but to keep her up 12 yours with no nap)

Wu: 7.30
Bt: 6.30, s: 6.45 but was going crazy shouting had to stay in the room with her

I don’t know if the craziness is linked to ot or if it is because she wants to sleep in a bed now?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:47:03 am »
The nights have seemed good so it could just be a developmental phase she’s in x
Zoe