Author Topic: 3 year old 1-0 transition  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 year old 1-0 transition
« on: October 25, 2017, 23:13:46 pm »
LO is resisting nap (he always eventually goes to sleep and then struggles to wu-takes an hour lying/playing quietly then I try cap at 2 hrs and it takes hard work to wake him. Then BT he isn't tired enough.

He has baby brother waking him up during the night (18 mo sleep regression problems for another thread..) so his WU time can vary.

5/6am WU
12/ 12:30 try for nap
1:30 sleep
Always cap by 3
7 BT
8 asleep, sometimes later.

That means he sometimes only gets 9hrs at night. 10.5 or 11 hrs total. I'm going for more like 14 total!

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: 3 year old 1-0 transition
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 23:35:11 pm »
I probably would just go ahead and push the nap out, no real point in trying it at 12/12:30 if it’s taking him an hour to fall asleep, I’d just go right ahead and try 1:30 instead and cap it at an hour.  My DD is not even 2 and her nap is already at 1pm (WU 6:30) so he likely just needs more A in the morning.  Capping it to an hour should hopefully help with BT.

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 3 year old 1-0 transition
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:54:30 am »
 ;D yes... seems obvious. He changes, just last week he told me at 12 he was tired and said "bye max m" and put himself to bed while I was eating lunch. Also, I confess I'm trying to overlap his nap with other LO so I get some time to myself. I'm sitting here at 9pm and he's still struggling since 7:15 definitely capping at 1 hr!