Author Topic: I miss my sleeping baby  (Read 1439 times)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
I miss my sleeping baby
« on: October 28, 2017, 10:53:08 am »
My LO is 12.5 months and a good independent sleeper.  So much is going on with her and her night sleep right now, that I am not sure what I can do... if anything.

Under normal circumstances (hasn't been for ~1.5 weeks):

Wake 6:00 (this is a chosen WU due to work/daycare)

Nap 11:30-2:00 (occasionally will wake between 1:30-2:00)

BT 7:00 (6:45 on days her nap ended before 2:00)

We had been working on the 2-1 transition for a long time and she was over the hump with straight 11-11.25h nights

Enter "FT daycare" we had our first stomach bug and some separation anxiety... we were lucky that she got over that quickly and the daycare respects our routine.... so we were back on track again....

Currently....

I have 2 main sleep issues at night, they may be related to each other...??? some nights we suffer from just one, other nights both situations occur...

*note she has been sick (congestion, coughing etc.)  for 5 days and I am sure there is some relationship but situation 1) was happening before she got sick*

1) wakes with very hard screaming/crying... will kick and squirm if you hold her... or she will swat your hands away if you try to rub tummy or back in crib... she definitely seems to be suffering some discomfort (I suspect gas), but does not accept any sort of soothing... I generally end up standing over her crib talking quietly to her while she screams herself to exhaustion.  If it is gas, I cannot pinpoint the cause. I recently bought some gripe water and simethicone drops, but cannot comment on its effectiveness yet. This screaming generally lasts 20-45 min

2) the best way to describe this situation is "restlessness"..? this did seem to start when she got sick, but I can't seem to help her. She will wake coughing or for an unknown reason and she will squirm, shift position, crawl, walk. She does not cry, occasional moan. The only time she cries is if we go in and try to settle her. We do not have a video monitor, so we can only guess what she is doing from the rattling/banging sounds against crib and what we saw the couple times we did try to intervene. This can go on (off and on) for HOURS, or she will do it for a while get quiet for and hour or so and it will happen again. Again no crying. We are all very tired!! Usually we will turn the volume down on monitor so we don't hear all the rattling and only crying would register.

I am not sure what to do... as far as the sick piece, we have adjusted temp in room, changed clothes she is in, gave Tylenol for fever or pain, put cool mist humidifier in her room, we use saline on her nose with a nasal aspirator. We saw the Dr. no infection. I don't know what else we can do... but we all need better sleep!!

*her naps have not been affected too much.. still 2-2.5h, but she will wake and cough occasionally*
Modify message

Offline My little Liam

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Love them!
Re: I miss my sleeping baby
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:33:38 am »
Have you checked for worms considering she started daycare? My dd was restless and squirming at night as if she had stomach issues. Got her checked by dr who said she was completely healthy and he told me he thought it was worms. Had a check one day and he was right!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:35:10 am by My little Liam »

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: I miss my sleeping baby
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 11:24:22 am »
Thank you... Never thought of that