Author Topic: Naps  (Read 1635 times)

Offline ac333

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
    • soulspiration
Naps
« on: November 01, 2017, 00:49:56 am »
Hi, so Dd naps have been going well until past 2 weeks. So I have been lengthening them. She's now at 3h45m. But she still has short naps. How do I know if I pushing it too fast?
And what's the primary diff between UT and OT?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Naps
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:54 am »
UT and OT?
Usually length of nap. Ideally when you increase A time, you keep it still at the same new time for 3-4 days to allow naps to lengthen. What happened over the last 2 weeks? Did naps change quickly or gradually? Did anything change in her life recently?

How old is DD now?
Can you post her EAS?

Offline ac333

• Showing Appreciation 0
    • soulspiration
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 18:36:12 pm »
She will be 4mos in a week.
We have been moving her naps later in 5min increments every few days. She was sleeping relatively well a couple weeks ago and now only sleeps 1 cycle for naps. Her night sleeps are great tho.  She is also out of her swaddle now.
It may have been I she wasn't ready to change yet.
Today I pushed her naps back a bit so that she is at 3.5 to 3.75 hr easy. She woke after 1 cycle again. But this time she went back to sleep after 20mins.  May have been bc I was holding an arm down while she was sucking the other hand. 
E 730
S 9-9:15
E 11-11:15
S 12:30-12:45
E 2:30-2:45
S 4-4:15
E 5:30-545
CF 6:30-7
S 7:30-8
DF 11:30

Her naps I keep to 1h30 to 1h45.  Every nap in past week, she has woken.  Before she slept well.
Gladly, her night sleep is amazing.

Thanks in advance for Ur input

Offline ac333

• Showing Appreciation 0
    • soulspiration
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 18:34:01 pm »
So we had one day of success yest. I changed a few things. Put her in bed 5min early, swaddled one arm, the other left out for her thumb. And instead of going in I would shush into the monitor mic if she started to look fuss. 
My question is if she wakes after 45mins and hard to settle is it sign she is UT?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 20:53:40 pm »
My question is if she wakes after 45mins and hard to settle is it sign she is UT?
Often, yes. I think given she's nearly 4 months, you could aim for 2hr A time in the next week and that should be fine.
Keep in mind though, that at 4 months, sleep cycles become more pronounced and LOs often go through a sleep regression and need more help to get through the transition to another sleep cycle to lengthen the nap.