Author Topic: 6 month old touchy baby-naps irregular, wakes before dreamfeed  (Read 17239 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6 month old touchy baby-naps irregular, wakes before dreamfeed
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 21:11:15 pm »
Breathing quickly happens often but only for a few minutes at a time when she is excited !As for NF, no I was trying not to fed her since DF was at 10pm. I don't find my flow very high at night. I kinda feel empty at night. I was thinking of dropping the DF since TH recommends it but I guess I won't if she still is hungry?. The last two days I have been trying to feed her often during the day so she gets most her calories during daytime hours and doesn't get in the habit of shifting some of her caloric intake to night time. Also that makes sense what you said about solids having less calories than BM. I reduced her solids so I am only feeding solids earlier in the day.As for the crankiness she just lies on her mat or sits up and I
Yes, you don't want her UT for BT...

she doesn't usually wake screaming hence why I stare at monitor a lot to find out when A time starts.
I wouldn't worry too much about being that exact. I would let her tell you when she's ready to get up and count time she spends lying in bed quietly as sleep time, TBH. Its also not a bad idea to have her get used to lying in bed quietly - definitely a skill you will want when she's a bit older.

2:30am W PuPd for 1h30
How was she behaving here? Was she just awake, awake and happy or awake and unhappy? If just awake and quiet/happy, you can just leave her to it.

I think 3:10-3:15 sounds like the go for her based on what you've said. Still no luck with resettling the 30min wakings... you've tried using the same method she went to sleep with, right?

Offline Fireflysummer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2017, 12:43:07 pm »
So just to clarify you are saying if she hasn't had much sleep during the day I should still keep her up for 2.5 hrs after her last catnap even if that bedtime is the same as if she had slept good naps?

As for NW, I only go to her if she is crying a lot so no she isn't happy. She can't seem to settle without nursing even for a minute because we have been up for 3 hrs in night trying pupd. She will stop crying but every 15-30 mins start crying again .

Do I drop dreamfeed if she is waking at night?

Offline Fireflysummer

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2017, 17:37:43 pm »
Also previous to turning 6 months old she was sleeping through the night the month before so that is why I hesitate to feed her at night again. I started giving solids shortly after she turned 5months

Offline becj86

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 05:49:31 am »
So just to clarify you are saying if she hasn't had much sleep during the day I should still keep her up for 2.5 hrs after her last catnap even if that bedtime is the same as if she had slept good naps?
Yes.

As for NW, I only go to her if she is crying a lot so no she isn't happy. She can't seem to settle without nursing even for a minute because we have been up for 3 hrs in night trying pupd. She will stop crying but every 15-30 mins start crying again
Babies honestly don't do this for no reason. Is she sore? or hungry? (Definitely possible she's hungry as PUPD can burn a lot of calories... also there is often a growth spurt at ~6 months where LOs feed more often at night again.)

When is the DF in relation to BT? Just wondering if its disrupting her sleep...

Offline Fireflysummer

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2017, 12:41:37 pm »
She may be sore. She has been rubbing her nose and ears and whinning during A tim, especially the second A time for the past month so j am not sure if that can be teething, constipation of something else. I have brought her to the doctor's twice to ensure it wasn't an ear infection. As for hungwr,she is now almost 7.5 months old. And I have been upping her food intake during the day and because I am weaning her off DF I am cluster feeding during the day and  the DF is getting closer to bedtime ( currently at 9:15).

Offline becj86

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2017, 19:20:57 pm »
And I have been upping her food intake during the day
Milk or solids? Solids are lower in calories than milk so if solids at the expense of milk, she may be hungry.

Has reflux been part of the picture for her?

With weaning the DF, are you reducing the amount? My understanding was that the DF stayed at the same time of night so as not to disrupt sleep and the volume is reduced. I will check - DF never worked for us so didnt have to wean it.