Author Topic: Crying before every sleep - 7m  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Melian Gray

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Crying before every sleep - 7m
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 13:40:59 pm »
Hello! Just thought I'd post an update.

We went on holiday for 2 weeks and I couldn't handle the whole family making comments about how much DS was crying before going to sleep, (and suggestions that sleep time was now feared by him, hence the question in my last post) so I ended up feeding him to sleep for most of the time!  ::) :-\ He did pop two teeth while we were there so that at least explains some of the crying! We are home now though, and he has responded so well to pupd (or more like just pd) - he is falling asleep on his own, even lying himself down which he has never managed before. We're on day 4 of pupd so not quite there yet, but it is looking very promising :) I'm also moving him onto one sleep which seems to be helping! My ultimate goal is for him to fall asleep on his own without non-mantra crying, hopefully we get there!

Thank you for all the help and support!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 14:48:41 pm »
Great that you are seeing success :D  Just a quick word of warning - 7m is very young for just one nap so if you seem to be heading into over tiredness or sleep issues again then something perhaps to bear in mind x

Offline Melian Gray

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 20:11:40 pm »
Good heavens, yes! DS is 9 months now though. It is still a little early, but all of the signs from the 2:1 post are there and he was fighting all his sleeps, again! I give up almost immediately when I see him fighting sleep and now moving onto one sleep he doesn't fight as much ;D I'm watching him carefully and doing the transition slowly and letting him catch up when he needs, but he is almost getting more total sleep when he does one nap than when he does two as he tends to fight BT for longer than the duration of his pm nap! Strange boy :)

Thank you for the reply and the caution! :) I will bear what you said in mind as it is still early. Thanks again!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 12:46:39 pm »
That's great :D  Long may it continue!!