Author Topic: 4 in March and last few months terrible  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Donnarobbo88

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 in March and last few months terrible
« on: December 03, 2017, 19:41:25 pm »
Chad use to be a a amazing sleeper he slept through from early and always been independent going to bed I’d leave the room and he would go to sleep just lately it’s been a nightmare tonight 15 mins it took me to finally get chad to be quiet for bed I honestly don’t no what’s got in to him he’s scared of his own shadow lately 
We go to bed kiss cuddle goodnight etc
I leave he shouts me it’s either goodnight love u i don’t like it I love dad cruz cj and he doesn’t  give in until u then say yes we love u dad loves u cj loves u etc
I’m in and out he just doesn’t be quiet
He says I don’t like it he says the tv staring at me take the spider man hat out he does sleep in the dark but he always has Ive got him a Spider-Man glow pal for Xmas so that should help but seriously I dno wa to do with him
Then he will wake in the night and the whole thing starts again I’m at the end of my tether with him

I think he is scared maybe his age etc but my older boy I’ve never had any of these problems so I don’t no what to do and u also think it’s for attention
Any ideas ? x
Mommy To Three Boys
CJ 13/02/2012 9lb 5oz
Chad 04/03/2014 9lb 1oz
Cruz 12/01/2016 8lb 3oz

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 4 in March and last few months terrible
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 21:50:40 pm »
Hi I’d say he’s at the agecwhen the dark becomes scary, shadows and shapes look different and he’s just frightened.
My eldest now 5.5yrs had terrible times with being scared, waking up screaming thinking things were in his room being scared of the shapes his curtains made or thinking there were faces in them etc.
I basically bought a red light that shines into a corner of his room and the door has to be open and night light in the hallway.
Bedtime took ages lots of cuddles, going back in for more cuddles, promising I’d go back and check
On him after 15 mins and before bed.
It did pass but he often still wakes just for reassurance x
Zoe

Offline Donnarobbo88

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:49:36 am »
Thank you hun nice to no it isn’t just him .. I will defo try leaving his door open and getting a night light x he slept thru last night he shares a room with his brother x
Mommy To Three Boys
CJ 13/02/2012 9lb 5oz
Chad 04/03/2014 9lb 1oz
Cruz 12/01/2016 8lb 3oz

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 14:57:05 pm »
Or a torch he could just have as reassurance might work x
Zoe